“Great 1st impression...we'll be back!”
Review of The Willow Tree

The Willow Tree
Ranked #96 of 707 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Willow Tree plays host to fine dining, entertainment, and wondrous event possibilities. This is a fairy tale venue for all seasons with meadows, garden, tree swings & tipi. The vibrant & diverse dining menu changes with the seasons to ensure ingredients are as fresh & local as can be. Happy Ever After Dining.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was our first visit to The Willow Tree and I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. This is not to say it is perfect, they were very busy and seemed to struggle to cope when we had first arrived leaving us for quite a long time before taking our order but perhaps they had lots of people arriving at once. Once the meal got going there wasn't any problem with the service, in fact I think they left a good amount of time in between courses, we didn't feel rushed and appreciated the time to chat in between courses. For starter we had the mussels (delicious sauce, just the right amount of mussels) and the duck scotch egg (lovely and runny inside, tasty pork/black pudding case). For mains we had Venison (cooked beautifully pink with a large croûton topped with chicken pate and mushroom duxelle, which went really well with the meat but was a bit heavy on the garlic) and fillet steak (chunky, hand cooked chips with a rich creamy peppercorn sauce). For dessert we shared the 'playful plate' a selection of desserts all of which were delicious, especially the home made doughnut. Finally we had the cheese board which had a fresh fig and a yummy apple compote as accompaniments. The wine selection is decent with enough variation to suit most pockets. I was also pleased to be able to have a fresh mint tea which a lot of places don't serve, much nicer than a peppermint tea bag! The decor is quirky and stylish, the ceiling is low and lights dimmed so it feels very cosy. The only downside to a low ceiling and a packed restaurant is that it's quite noisy, fine for us but I appreciate it might be annoying to some.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We absolutely love this restaurant. It has to have the most stylish but pretty interior with so much atmosphere. Shaina and her husband are such welcoming hosts and the food is superb.They have just started a monthly gourmet supper club with themed entertainment. Having spent a most enjoyable New Years Eve there with a gourmet styled menu and entertainment we are definitely going to try out this new venture of their's. Although we often go either for an evening or Sunday lunchtime meal we are also warmly welcomed when we drop in for a quick snack and drink on a Saturday lunchtime.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have always enjoyed my visit to the Willow Tree, not a place I go every week as it is quite costly, though I have to say the food is excellent. Its probably more cordon bleu, however we have never come home hungry either! The wine is also first class, though you pay for it!

The staff are excellent and with great customer skills, a tribute to the owner who is mostly always there to keep an eye on things.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

After eating at the Willow Tree I thought I had been to the wrong pub after reading all the reviews,
A plate of four small rounds of pink pork fillet and two small helpings of vegetables for £14 80 is derisory , a shameful rip off, and an insult to a normal appetite.Perhaps the pub has changed hands since the reviews?.We visited lunchtime Thursday January 10.The profit margins must be astronomical? The chefs are not over worked as the menu is not vast

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have exacting standards and expect good food and good customer service .. not al lot to ask for when paying good money.

I was NOT disappointed.

The customer service was examplary .. so as to "manage your expecttions" we were warned there was a wait before the order was taken. we were then told one dish would take longer than normal to prepare .. all of this was no problem as we were communicated with .. Oh I wish other places could do this as it would stop me complaining.

When the food came it was superb.

What more can i say except we wil return!