“Poor food, wrong bill”

Maharajah
Ranked #507 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Genoa, Italy
“Poor food, wrong bill”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant with 3 friends on Wednesday night.
The service is quite quick although not very helpful in providing suggestions for choosing the menu.
We took a starter which consisted of a crispy bread with 4 different sauces to eat with and it was absolutely terrible, beware I like Indian sauces but those four were one worse the other.
Then I order Chicken Pandari, which I would now do not recommend at all, definitely too sweet. During the night I woke up at 4 in the morning not having digested it yet.
My other friends had 3 different dishes and let me try them. I think they all tasted ok but quite the same.
The bill was 65£ instead of 50£ for a miscalculation but when we pointed out they readily corrected the bill and recognize the obvious mistake.
There are worse restaurants in this world, but I definitely not suggest it to you.

• Visited March 2013

cambridge
“Birthday Night Out”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

9 of us came in Friday eve and we were all disappointed. We mentioned it was someone's birthday and they didn't even acknowledge it. I have been many times before and it has always been great friendly service and lovely food. The staff have obviously been asked to keep pushing side dishes, dessert and coffee. The staff came over every 5 to 10 mins asking us if we wanted anything else. They took all our glasses away when we still had 3/4 of a bottle of wine. And when I asked if we could have a glass it was given with an ill grace. They brought the bill over twice before we had even asked for it. Never felt so unwelcome in a restaurant. Come on guys, don't let the economic climate change how you treat your customers, or you will go bust sooner. Very disappointed with service, food was nice. But trying to push customers out the door before they are ready when you hadn't even opened the top floor and had no one waiting for our table is bad business.

Newcastle England
“Life on Mars”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The interior makes you feel that you are having a flashback to an Indian restaurant from the 1970's. That isn't a criticism. We like it. It serves consistently good food and is modestly priced. Really good atmosphere and the service is friendly. We go on every visit to Cambridge. If you can ask for a table upstairs.

• Visited November 2012
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“The most delicious korma”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This indian restaurant is the best in town for chicken korma! I loved it, i was eating there nearly every week while i was studying! Although the staff were sometimes rude, they were funny! Anything i have tried was delicious and at very good prices!

• Visited April 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great service by 'jack'”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Me and my partner went for a meal at maharaja, food was really good and service was excellent by our waiter 'jack'. Will return again :)

• Visited February 2013