“AMAZING”

Ranked #3 of 705 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for dinners , tuesdays - Saturdays from 6.30pm . Independent Restaurant , which is relocating to : The Gonville Hotel , Gonville Place , Cambridge , CB11LY , Mid January 2017 . We source the best quality Meat, Fish , Vegetables and products. 5-7 Housemade breads daily changing. Minimum three courses menu . Traditional , handcrafted style , from Masterchef ( Kuchen meister ) Hans Schweitzer and his brigade. Desserts a speciality , Signature dish - 'The Chocolate Piano ' designed and created by Luciano Pavarotti .
Reviewed December 15, 2013

What can i say, from start to finish i could not fault this place. Ruth was amazing, she was so attentive and very welcoming. The food was beautiful i had goats cheese to start followed by duck and my chocolate composition was out of this world. This was the first time i had dined here and it definitely wont be the last. I highly recommend Cotto to anyone looking for somewhere to go for a wonderful experience. Thankyou so much Ruth for looking after our party so well and all of the other members of staff.

There are newer reviews for Cotto

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was our first visit to Cotto and won't be our last. Went for an evening out with friends and had a very enjoyable night.
We had no trouble booking, emailed and received a prompt response. The staff were very friendly and we had a good chat with the host.
Food was excellent and the attention to details was amazing. The food was tasty and you could tell that the chef had a passion for his dishes.
Everyone was delighted with their meals, we were talking about the desserts as we left.
Would thoroughly recommend and really good value for the standard of food and wine you are given.

Joe H

1  Thank jolianharrison
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was our third visit to Cotto (and our daughter's fourth - lucky girl). We have never had a problem with front of house. We book well in advance and arrive on time. I think people forget that when you are dining at a small high quality restaurant, timing is crucial so that the kitchen isn't overloaded. I'm a big fan of good customer service but it's a two way thing - customers should behave well too! Ok rant over. For a change, we all had different starters - seafood chowder, crab and king prawn, and warm goats cheese. They were all delicious but I made a mental note to try the goats cheese next time as this looked spectacular. Flavour and presentation were EXCELLENT. I cannot understand anyone describing the food as bland - the natural flavours were enhanced but never overwhelmed by seasoning and sauces. We also managed to have three different mains - not difficult as I could have happily eaten any of the options. We had Pithivier of duck, rack of lamb, and pork three ways, and all were gorgeous. Again the rack of lamb did rather trump the others! I forgot to mention the tray of breads which are brought round with alarming regularity. A word of advice - these are delectable but don't fill up on them which would be too easy to do. We stopped trying to be different at the dessert stage and all had the Chocolate Combination which is just a masterpiece. If you look on the Cotto website, you can see a little film showing the dessert being assembled. It was a warm night (for December) when we visited Cotto and the staff struggled to keep the ambient temperature down. But with opened windows and copious jugs of water, we managed to stay comfortable. I really cannot speak too highly of Ruth and Hans and their staff. They are all wonderful - friendly, welcoming and attentive. Our night (for three people) cost £189 including a very nice bottle of Chilean Merlot. This is a restaurant which doesn't go in for gimmicks but which allows the quality of the food to shine through. The menu is extensive without being intimidating and the atmosphere is just lovely. Having eaten at Heston Blumenthal, Michel Roux Jnr and Gordon Ramsay restaurants, I think Cotto is as good if not better. I am just delighted that, with a daughter living in Cambridge for the foreseeable future, we will have many opportunities to dine there.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Cotto is quite simply a fabulous dining experience. We are always made to feel extremely welcome by the wonderful Ruth and her professional and charming team. On Saturday evening I enjoyed an exquisite crab and king prawn starter with aioli, beef cheek with truffled potato and a pinot sauce, a fabulous cheese selection and Han's delicious hand made chocolates. Everything is cooked to perfection, presented beautifully and tastes amazing! Faultless cooking, top quality produce, wonderful service and all in a relaxing setting. Cotto is second to none! Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Last night my best friend & I treated ourselves (for Xmas) to dinner at Cotto. We do not live in Cambridge so just went online to pick a restaurant. We were slightly worried that we could be spending a lot of money on an average meal but we could not be further from the truth. We were greeted warmly by the staff on arrival, seated promptly, the waiter was friendly and professional and could answer all our questions. The atmosphere was pleasant , the service was quick and the food simply divine. I had seafood chowder which was the best I've ever had and the complimentary bread was gorgeous. My friend had the goats cheese and said is was fantastic. For main I had stone bass which was cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. My friend had venison which she said was also cooked to perfection and the nicest red meat she'd ever had. For dessert we both had the pancake souffle which just melted in your mouth. Finished off with a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio we could not have asked for a better meal. On leaving we asked the staff for tips on where to go next for cocktails or drinks and they could not have been more helpful in writing down suggestions and giving directions. It was not a cheap meal but it will certainly be one that we remember for all the right reasons. Thank you Cotto!