“Reliable high standard food and service.”
Review of Graffiti

Graffiti
Ranked #261 of 722 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated inside Hotel Felix, Cambridge's award-winning designer hotel, Graffiti offers critically acclaimed food in luxurious and stylish surroundings. Overlooking the hotel's landscaped gardens, Graffiti's dining room has polished wooden floors, an abundance of natural light and soothing, mocha coloured walls. The hotel's south-facing terrace is perfect for al fresco dining and afternoon tea during the Summer, and the open fire in the middle of the restaurant brightens the gloomiest of winter days. Graffiti's modern British menu uses the freshest seasonal ingredients available to Head Chef, Tom Stewart and his signature dishes include Grilled and Tempura Baby Squid; Smoked Pot-roast Belly of Grasmere Pork served with Cider Glazed Shallots, Quince Purée, Savoy Cabbage and Pork Jus; and the Seared Tuna Loin with Cucumber and Dill Sauce.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been to Graffiti on a number of occasions, we like quite often to use the Friday or Sunday offer of getting a free room by spending £135+ in the restaurant even though we only live in Cambridge. It's a real treat to know about what your bill will come to and really be able to indulge - usually we will have a cocktail, glass of champagne, three, sometimes even four courses and a good bottle of wine , and then the delight of heading back to a lovely hotel room instead of a taxi home, for no more than at any other top restaurant in town. I have never had poor service in the hotel or restaurant, they are always superb and make you feel they really have time for you. We will be back again, and again, and I always recommend it when asked by visitors to town where they might stay.

Suzanne R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Graffiti, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

What a lovely idea, as a resident of Cambridge, to enjoy a luxurious night away, without the long journey! Indeed, this package is very popular and allows you to truly indulge.I have passed your comments on to our restaurant team, who I'm sure will be thrilled to hear them. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely wedding anniversary lunch. The food was very good though not historic. The atmosphere was congenial and the service excellent. What staggered us was being charged £7.50 for a pre-meal Bloody Mary. That seemed highly excessive.

Suzanne R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Graffiti, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for chosing Graffiti Restaurant as the venue in which to celebrate your wedding anniversary. I am glad that is was a happy occasion, however sorry to hear that you felt that our Bloody Mary's are expensive. For a hotel, we feel that our drinks are competitively priced in comparison to some other restaurants and hotels in Cambridge. I have, however, passed on your comments to our Restaurant Manager for his consideration.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Always good for a midweek lunch. Easy to park, generally calm and a decent choice. This week was expectional. A strange beef carpaccio which was more thinly sliced roast beef than 'real' carpaccio but good nonetheless. Then an epic salmon dish (photo attached). I could have finished off with a raspberry creme brulle but sensibly just took an espresso.

Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Graffiti, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I delighted that you enjoyed your recent lunch in Graffiti Restaurant, particularly your salmon main. Next time you come, can we tempt you with a dessert!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Took my mother for afternoon tea as a birthday treat. We were impressed upon arrival, it's very smart looking and the eating area had a lovely roaring fire. Waitress took our order for full afternoon tea promptly but the food arrived concerningly quickly (maximum 5 mins after ordering). The sandwiches had nice fillings but bread was a bit stale, as if they'd been made several hours previously. The scones were nice but the cakes were a bit dry/ tasteless. We were missing a millionaire shortcake from our platter and we had to ask twice before we managed to get someone to bring it. We would have understood had it been busy, but it was super quiet and the staff were just all chatting and laughing together behind the bar. When then waiter bought the card machine to pay the 'optional service charge' was already added into the total so I ended up paying it as didn't want to spoil the afternoon for my mum by making a fuss. There were only 2 of us, the servers had hardly had to do anything and when we did ask for something they forgot- it certainly wasn't the type of service that I felt deserved a tip. It is a lovely location but I definitely wouldn't return or recommend for an afternoon tea, quality of food and service could definitely use some improvement.

1  Thank piblet
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Graffiti, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I was very sorry indeed to read your review following your recent visit to Hotel Felix for afternoon tea. Your experience does not reflect our usual standards, especially the service that we offer, which has been described as exemplary by past guests. Please can I kindly ask that you contact Suzanne Richardson on 01223 814356 to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were a party of 5 people of 3 generations and really enjoyed our lunch. We had an issue with the desert but it was solved quickly and to our satisfaction.

We have eaten here a few times now & each time have had a lovely meal.

We will keep going back I'm sure.

Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Graffiti, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Graffiti and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.