“Loverly Dinner”

Charlie Chan
Ranked #195 of 715 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cambridge's oldest Chinese restaurant, family run since 1982. Classic home made Cantonese food, cooked by traditional methods. The restaurant of choice among the long established Chinese community in and around Cambridge.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Visited Charlie Chan's April 2013. Had an absolutely fabulous meal. I'm always a little wary when visiting oriental restaurants, primarily due to an allergy, and am also very impatient, I cannot stand restaurants where you're waiting around for ages for a simple meal. However, Charlie Chan's was above and beyond what I was expecting. The service was very fast and the portion sizes were generous to say the least. We couldn't finish our main course. The staff were friendly and welcoming. My one comment was that there was no option for a cup of English tea (Earl Grey or Breakfast), although, saying this, I'd never tried Chinese Tea before and frankly it was delicious. A really great evening. Thank you Charlie Chans, wish I lived closer, would come again! x

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great chinese food, in a lovely atmosphere. Live Jazz at weekends really helps the atmosphere! Service was a little slow but we don't mind as the food was great and atmosphere too

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a rehearsal dinner here and the food was incredible. It was the best Asian food I've ever had. The wines were wonderful, the food great, service good. It was a wonderful night. I'd love to have something like this in NC, USA! Sooooo goood. It is expensive when everything adds up, but well worth it.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The first time I started dining here was over twenty years ago. Now, no longer living in Cambridge, we still book a table here during every visit.
The food... amazing. It puts all of our local chinese establishments at home to shame. The atmosphere .... perfect. The jazz music... the icing on the cake.
I hope that we will still be dining here in another twenty years time!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had the set dinner for £22 each. The food was hot and well cooked but was really very ordinary Chinese fare for the price. The beef dish was rather gristly. Live light jazz was nice if you like that sort of thing. Décor comfortable if dated.

1  Thank Foodie1Corby