“By train bus or car this guest house in Cambridge is a great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Railway Lodge Guest House
Ranked #38 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2010

From the moment you meet Tony King you know that you are going to enjoy his hospitality. His great sense of humour, his willingness to listen and help, and his desire to see you happy and contented put you at ease.
Its a short walk to the train station and car parking is usually available plus its a 15 to 20 minute walk to the city centre.
Breakfasts are very generous and made to order and the rooms clean and tidy and nothing is too much trouble

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2010

Tony was very helpful from the time of booking our stay through the time we departed, couldn't have hoped for better. The entire building was very clean and our room couldn't have been better. It was a 15 - 20 minute walk to city center but not really that bad if it was a nice day, it was rainy and cold during our stay so that didn't help us. The train station is close by but you have no noise from it at the Lodge. The full English breakfast was excellent! I would say that we had an great stay at this Lodge and would highly recommend it to others. When we return to Cambridge we will be staying here. I was traveling with my two college age sons and they also highly approved of our stay at this Lodge. Thanks for everything Tony! We had a great trip!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Railway Lodge does the trick! It is very near the train station and walkable to the university. The proprietor is warm and entertaining, internet access is free, and the breakfast is generous. It is definitely not a big, glitzy, corporate hotel (or even a small one!), but how much richer my trip to Cambridge was to have stayed at the Railway Lodge and not one of those places. (And how much richer my wallet is, too - Railway Lodge is a good deal.) My room was cozy, comfortable, and clean, and had a radio, shower, desk, reading lamp, even a TV (which I didn't need) - everything except a towel rack next to the sink, which is very minor! I would definitely recommend Railway Lodge to others.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank wskt
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We are a party of 6 and have now stayed here for the same weekend for 5 years on the trot!! Tony has always been very welcoming. The rooms are alway's clean and the breakfast is top class!! The price is competitive as well. It is in a good spot close to the railway and within staggering distance from the town centre at night :-)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Upon arrival, I was a bit surprised to see that the Railway Lodge was in a semi-residential area. A quiet area near the train station, but quite close to shops and restaurants. In fact, it was less than 5 minutes walk to the train station. I took the coach out of town, and that was about 10 minutes walk to the bus terminus. All in all, a nice location.
Mr. King was a very genial guy, and had a great sense of humor.
I lucked out and got a room on the top floor, which had a neat view. The room itself was nice a homy with all the amenities I needed---it was perfect for a solo traveller, though a couple could make it work as well. While the walls seemed a touch thin, I had no issues at all with noise.
To be frank I was a touch bummed that I wasn't staying right in the middle of town. All concerns were dashed when it only took about a 15-20 leisurely walk into the heart of cambridge. In fact, after a brief walk down Tenison I found a little street with all sorts of little restaurants, shops, and a pub which was convenient. Catching a bus to the center of town was also quite straightforward, though I did not have any trouble whatsoever stumbling home from a wedding reception either.
The breakfast was quite nice, with full english offerings or more continental styles---when faced with the option of a bacon butty though, I could do little but to acquiesce, and I did not regret it one whit.
Overall, a fine place to stay, and I would certainly come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights in Railway Lodge and have to say that it was more then perfect place. Facilities were beautiful and clean and the location is perfect. The owner is very helpful and friendly. If I ever get to Cambridge again, I will definitely choose this place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2009

My fellows and stayed in the RL for 3 times while we were in Camebridge (we are originally from Germany) for studing. We allways had a great time being there. Mr. King is a great host, who has always an open ear for the wishes of his guest. Perfect for us was the place because ist is near to the railway station and to the university (ARU).

So thanks Mr. King for the nice and pleasant stays. We will comeback.

B. Reinhardt, Collogne, Germany