“Brilliant! Will definitely go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Railway Lodge Guest House
Ranked #33 of 122 Cambridge B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant! Will definitely go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was recommended this Guest House by my Sister. The owner was very nice, helpful and chatty. Very easy to find from Cambridge Train Station.
My room was very clean, bed comfy, quality bed linen which smelled lush (I meant to ask the owner which fabric softener they used...)
At first, I wondered where the shower and toilet was and then I realised they were tucked in a wardrobe-like-cupboard in my room. There is a sink which was near to my bed. Towels provided, Hot water throughout the day.
A flat screen TV which kept me entertained and tea and coffee facilities + a few biscuits!
The breakfast was really tasty! The first morning I had a cheese omelette with beans and the second, I had the full English breakfast. Coffee was lovely and there are also cereals and fresh juices.
The house is not very modernised but that didn't matter to me at all as I'm not that picky! Just felt like I was staying in my warm cosy GrandParents house which isn't a bad thing!
I will be going to Cambridge quite a lot over the next few years and will definitely be going back to The Railway Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lauren H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The railway lodge is literally like 5minutes from the station and about 20minutes from the college, very convenient! Tony is really helpful and friendly - I booked online and check in/check out was very flexible, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Sure it's not the newest building, but it's really cosy and they pay attention to the little details. Definitely a great find in Cambridge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great location, very near the train station, just as the website has described. We emailed some queries over after booking online and Tony responded promptly each time. We have a sense that he is a fair-minded proprietor because he under-charged us when there was an electronic glitch. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Monica, who gave us very specific directions with bus and walking options, and lent us her map when she heard that we didn't get one from the train station.

Breakfast was superb, with a variety of choices. The cheese omelette is fabulous and the poached egg beautifully done. The hosts took pride in seeing to many details and were very hospitable, although we disturbed them with a late-night phone call. The wifi works very well in the bedroom and dining area. Being on the road for a month and having experienced different B&Bs, we really appreciate the convenience, the warmth and genuine hospitality at Railway Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The guest house was conveniently located about a 5 minute walk from the train station and a 10-15 minute walk to the town centre. My wife and I had a warm reception from Tony. The room was cozy, bed was comfortable, bathroom clean and breakfast was superb!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidNgCE
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

A very nice, clean guesthouse in a really convenient location.
The staff were most accommodating, and a big thank you to the lovely lady who firstly saved our car from the traffic wardens, and secondly fed me a banana the morning after I'd drunk too much at the wedding we'd come up for.
I'd be sure to stay here again next time we come back to Cambridge

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Exceptionally friendly and convenient B&B.
The room was comfortable and clean.
The breakfast very generous!

• Stayed June 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of B&Bs and accommodation of various levels. This one was outstanding for the cleanliness and the character of the place. The proprietor was very accommodating and fair-minded although I changed my arrival time and arrived after the office was closed. The room (room 7 in the attic) was charming, shaped like a flipped L, with everything one might need (shelf, table, mirrors) tucked cleverly into the space, which felt 'just right' (the reviewer who found it small surprises me!). Although close to the railway station (down the road and around a corner) and to a main street of restaurants and late opening general stores, it was superbly quiet. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo