“Good value for Cambridge area”
Review of Leverton House

Leverton House
Ranked #17 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Since this bed and breakfast is located on the outskirts of Cambridge along Newmarket Road, booking at the Leverton House allowed me to take advantage of the nearby Park and Ride to travel into the city hassle-free; a ride that took about 15 minutes. The room I occupied was outside of the Leverton’s main building too, in one side of a modern duplex cottage that has been constructed in the backyard, with a view of freshly-washed sheets drying on clotheslines. The small clean bedroom was cedar-lined and evoked either a cabin or a closet depending on one’s point of view. On-site parking was extremely limited, but there was street parking available in the adjacent street. The innkeeper Wendy was very pleasant and provided a lovely morning meal in the main building.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank createwks

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Leverton House is made up of two suburban houses a couple of miles out from central Cambridge, with its own parking. If you don't mind the distance (there's a park and ride terminus in walking distance), it's a good choice. Our room was comfortable and well-furnished, large enough and clean. There was a good choice for breakfast and everything was of excellent quality. The welcome was warm and friendly.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've been a regular guest at Leverton House since 2007 and in my opinion this is the best Bed & Breakfast establishment in Cambridge. I have stayed in many hotels and bed & breakfast places due to my previous work and travel. Leverton House provides me with everything I need when I am ever in Cambridge. Wendy (the owner) is always very welcoming, warm and friendly and I believe she does an exceptional job.

The rooms are of an excellent standard, clean/tidy and well presented, I've never had a bad night's sleep when I have stayed there and Wendy's full-English breakfasts are absolutely delicious. Links into the city centre are very good as well.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend Leverton House to anyone looking for a nice and affordable place to stay in Cambridge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kunal P
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a very pleasant place to stay. We arrived late in the evening and were warmly greeted by Wendy. She gave us a room that was more accessible than the one we originally booked, and made us sandwiches when it became apparent that it was too late to grab something in the neighborhood. The room was very clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious - I recommend her omelettes!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ubuSeattle
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had a long stay at Leverton House while I was studying at the University.

This B&B is simply excellent. Everything is well-taken care of, the food is very good, and Wendy is the nicest, kindest B&B owner that you'll find. I stayed in a single room, and had no complaints whatsoever. Although the single was perfect for me, you might want a larger room for more than one person.

I've stayed in a number of the larger hotels in Cambridge, as well as in college, but the next time I go to Cambridge, this is where I hope to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PWHughes
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We found Leverton House beautifully presented and in a very convenient location, close to the Newmarket Road Park and Ride and to the airport, yet quiet.
The breakfast was delicious and Wendy went that extra mile to be the perfect hostess with milk and scrumptious biscuits in our room.
Chatting to other guests over a relaxed breakfast was another unexpected pleasure.

Room Tip: Even our room on the Newmarket Road was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheltonian313
Reviewed March 21, 2013

At first we had some reservation about the Leverton House' location on the outskirts of town until Wendy pointed out, and we used, the local Park 'n Ride into downtown Cambridge. We saved money and frustration by not having to park downtown and then we looked forward to coming back to the spotlessly clean and welcoming atmosphere. Great breakfasts. We'd recommend it to anybody

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business