“Wonderful, friendly and comfortable!”
Review of Worth House

and 1 more site!
Worth House
Ranked #3 of 123 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2007

After weeks of reviewing all sorts of accomodations in Cambridge, I decided to take a chance with the Worth House. I had a (limited) budget to work with. What I found met, and even exceeded my expectations! The room was large, comfortable and well appointed. A modern bathroom was a pleasant surprise! Breakfast was great and I enjoyed taking my time with coffee & the morning newspaper.
Best of all were my hosts...truly friendly, informative, and discreet, Guido and Maria are the best!

ps: sorry it took so long to get 'round to writing this review!

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank caliguy_7
There are newer reviews for Worth House

Reviewed August 19, 2007

My wife and I took a trip to the UK for our honeymoon, and Cambridge was one of the places we went to visit. I found the Worth House through this website and decided to give it a try...and it was amazing!

The room was in great shape, very clean and well kept. We had our own bathroom and shower which is a huge plus. All in all, the room was very comfortable and felt very safe and secure. The Worth House is located in an excellent part of Cambridge, just a 10 or 15 minute walk to the town center, and only a few minutes away from some great pubs. A couple of the other recommended B&Bs on TripAdvisor are much farther away from the town.

The best part of the Worth House are it's owners/operators, Guido and Maria. We had the pleasant opportunity to chat with them a bit before we left, and they are both very lovely people. They are very accommodating and available to serve their guests at any time.

BONUS: Guido makes the best English breakfast I have ever eaten!

I would highly recommend the Worth House as a place to stay. My wife and I would love the opportunity to visit again in the future!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKHoneymooner
Reviewed April 17, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Worth House for two nights and were sad to leave. Despite our short stay, Guido and Maria seemed like old friends by the time we left. This was our first time in the UK and we were left with such a wonderful impression of Cambridge that we would love to return and would choose Worth House again without question. We were close enough to walk to all our destinations quite easily including punting, sightseeing, shopping or just a walk in the park. Our hosts were very helpful in directing us to a variety of places to eat and other actvities. My wife is very particular about cleanliness and she had no complaints about our suite. It was a treat to have access to cable TV and wireless internet right in the suite after long days of sightseeing. The only issue we had was the lack of a phone in our room for late evening calls to Canada but this would not have been an issue had we brought along our cell phone and used a calling card.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 11, 2007

My partner and I spent a night here for our anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The room was large and clean and the bathroom new and very spacious. The owners are very friendly and accommodating and eager to assist you. I would definately reccomend them to anyone who wishes to stay in the centre of Cambridge (it is only a 10 minute walk to town) and will definately stay there again.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed April 10, 2007

My friend and I planned an overnight stay in Cambridge over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend - she'd studied there and wanted to go down memory lane and I tagged along! I spent quite a lot of time looking at different B&B's but booked Worth House based on the reviews on TripAdvisor .

And thanks to all the other TA reviewers!! They weren't wrong. We'd asked for a twin room, i.e. 2 separate beds and we got what we wanted. The room was spacious and comfortable with an en-suite bathroom which was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was very good (my friend and I skipped lunch!), choice of cereals and good quality sausages and bacon used in the cooked breakfast.

Free parking in front of the B&B and only a lovely 15-20 minute walk along the river to the town centre.

The couple running the B&B were lovely - very helpful and hospitable.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2007

4  Thank andyconda
Reviewed February 28, 2007

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ghguthrie