“Awesome food, great atmosphere”
Review of Pint Shop

Pint Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Pint Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We popped in after hearing the food was good and we weren't disappointed. We did the two course set menu on a Sunday which was fantastic value at £17. We both had amazing roasts and it was topped off with a dreamy apple and rhubarb pie. I also had the mulled gin which was yummy. Nice touches such as tap water on the table and bread made this a great place to eat. Love the decor too. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I popped in for lunch whilst shopping in town lunchtime on New Years Eve . I had the ox cheeks which were beautifully seasoned (not salty) and so tender and the broccoli was perfectly cooked.My husband ordered the steak with chips which again was perfect.
Service and ambiance was really lovely can't wait to return with friends to work our way through the extensive gin and beer menu and to explore other options on the main food menu.
Friends have also visited and said the bar snacks are very good too.

Can see this becoming a regular stop when shopping in Cambridge.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went for an after-work drink and decided to stay for food with girlfriend. Nice choice of beers, and the food was very tasty. Price was a bit high, but average by Cambridge standards and to be expected for somewhere so central.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Today was my second visit to Pint Shop. I am always happy with the food and love the decor in the restaurant. Very trendy, warm and welcoming.
I have eaten there in big groups of people and everyone enjoyed the food, the menu is varied without being daunting.

However this is the second time I've experienced disappointing service at the bar. Today when ordering a drink at the bar before sitting down to eat I was told: "We don't have rosé" with no apology, explaination or offer of alternative. Instead I got a frosty look and bad attitude. A smile wouldn't go a miss!!! Such a shame as everything else was good. This is the second time I've been made to feel like a nuisance rather than a valued customer. Please sort this out!

1  Thank Rachel M
Pintshop, Owner at Pint Shop, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hi. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback. It's just not good enough to have grumpy service. I apologise for this and promise to resolve the matter.

Love the opportunity to discuss this in a little more detail. Could you email me your details on feedback@pintshop.co.uk

Many thanks

Rich

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went for a Christmas dinner and experienced traditional English meals in a trendy place with lot's of beers. Like so many things British, it is overpriced for what it offers.

2  Thank kbrumann