“Lovely, clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warkworth House

Warkworth House
Ranked #8 of 129 Cambridge B&B and Inns
“Lovely, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much for your hospitality and generosity. We were made very welcome, very comfortable and delicious breakfast. Couldn't ask for a friendlier place to stay in Cambridge. This was day 3 of our coast to coast charity bike ride. We had everything we needed for a comfortable night's rest. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The building looks a bit old from the outside but surprisingly the rooms must have been recently modernised and furbished. Everything was completely new with modern and clean bathroom. Very good value for money. Quiet at night. Only 5 minutes by foot from centre. Really great breakfast. Would definetly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at Warkworth House for a 2 nights in April 2013. I originally booked a single-room, but was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a double room upon my arrival (room 10). The room itself was very spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated, with sufficient storage space, both in the bedroom and bathroom. The power showers are also an added bonus!

For breakfast, I tried the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the full English breakfast, both of which were very good.

Warkworth House is conveniently located about a 10-minute walk from the city centre and is very close to the Parkside bus station. The train station is close as well, about a 10-minute drive (approx £5 by taxi).

The only thing that I didn't like about my stay was that the room I stayed in was located right next to the main stairwell and the foot of the stairs leads to the main entrance, so it was a bit loud when other guests were coming and going. Also, the room faced the main street (Warkworth Terrace) and was on the second floor, so I could hear a lot of the noise from the street.

I corresponded with Kathleen by e-mail on numerous occasions prior to my stay and she was very quick to respond to my questions and requests.

I would definitely consider staying here again if I'm in Cambridge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days last week on a short break. The location of the b and b is excellent, just a short walk across the park to the city centre. Our room was a "superior" double on the ground floor, which was huge, with a lovely big bed and a slightly peculiar "wardrobe" which consisted of a few hangers hidden behind the full-length mirror. The only downside to being near the front door was that we were disturbed a couple of times at night by the bell being rung for reception, once at 11pm. Breakfast is served in the basement, in a slightly clinical looking dining room. Breakfast was generally ok, if you like coffee, like me, then you will love the unlimited filter coffee on offer, but not so good if you like tea, like my husband, who had a tiny pot every morning, providing one cup full and a bit! Whether you like staying here depends on what you want from a b and b. It's all very efficiently run, it's not to our taste really as my husband and I like a bit more friendliness and warmth, when we arrived and rang the bell at reception, we met Kathleen who seemed slightly surprised (and indifferent) when we identified ourselves and told her we had reserved a room. We are used to b and b owners being there to greet us after taking the trouble to find out when we would be arriving, but that's not Kathleen's style. Just our personal preference, nothing actually wrong with this b and b at all, business-like is all!

Room Tip: Room 4 is on the ground floor and has a king-size bed. The room itself is huge and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allybookworm
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our family group of five adults stayed here for a birthday celebration weekend. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. I think the best part about this place was the breakfast, very good quality and a big variation to choose from.
I booked here also because of its central location, only about 10min walk from town centre. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been staying here over the last 3 years, 4 times a year as I've been studying at Anglia Ruskin. Every time I've stayed I've loved every second as Kathleen (the owner) makes you feel incredibly welcome. I've stayed in most of the rooms, my favourite being room 4 (down stairs double) and room 10 (upstairs double). All the rooms are very modern and are always lovely and clean. The showers are fantastic (really hot and powerful). Breakfasts are great and cooked to order, with loads to choose from. Its situated right near anglia ruskin university, the train station and the centre of cambridge. It couldn't be any better positioned...Basically, it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in and I would highly recommend it to anybody. You will be well looked after by both Kathleen and Kathy. Tracey Clarke

• Stayed January 2013
Elsham, Null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

First, it is hard to find such a lovely guest house, so close to the town centre, but in a quiet street. The owner was friendly and helped us with finding parking and places to eat, the room was spotless, and there was a good choice of freshly prepared dishes for breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family