“First visit”

The Brunswick
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My sister, brother in law and dad took me to the Brunswick for Sunday lunch today and it was delicious. I had roast lamb which tasted as though my mum had cooked it with proper Yorkshire pudding and tasty gravy. It came with root vegatables but you could order extra seasonal veg if you wanted. The staff were friendly and attentive. The surroundings are spotlessly clean and the decor minamilstic and un fussy. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. It's clearly the best Sunday dinner I have had in a restaurant for a long time. And the chocolate pudding is to die for!

There are newer reviews for The Brunswick

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to the Brunswick. It was the first week in January,so it was quiet. However we felt it lacked atmosphere . We will try it again and hopefully we won't be as disappointed.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

A real find in Cambridge. Very pleasant quiet venue close to the Grafton Centre. We had a great meal here in the evening. I had a venison steak, which was delicious. My wife had open lasagna. My sons had the duck and sirloin steak, which were all equally delicious. My only negative comment would be that the chunky chips were slightly over fried. The interior of the restaurant is very modern, slick and trendy but very comfortable.

Oh, by the way, if you live within 3 miles, they will come and pick you up and drop you off, according to their card! Great!

1  Thank CambridgeBrummie
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The tiny venue and friendly staff make this rather like going round to your best friends for dinner or Sunday lunch (if your best friend could cook like Jamie or Nigella). Food is professional and delicious but without fuss . There's a bit more room in the garden in warm weather.

There's a short, ever changing menu with a cheaper Sunday lunch menu -I'd describe the food as modern British eclectic -with dishes ranging from game terrine to salmon with stir fried vegetables and chinese dumplings on the Christmas menu. Bit puzzled by the comment about small portions in one of the other reviews -generally our party's portions were somewhere between normal and large .

Gastro pubs in Cambridge can be a bit hit and miss but this is a pleasant exception.

Despite the high standards of the cooking, this is a relaxed, laid back venue rather than a temple of fine dining .

1  Thank Rogerandme
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Have eaten here before and came back last weekend as it was around the corner from the hotel we were staying in. Both times I've had Sunday lunch there and both times it was absolutely lovely. Really high quality meat and everything was perfectly cooked. I also like the fact they have a sharing platter if you can't choose! I only wish I had saved some room for dessert! Lovely atmosphere, very classy decor and great, attentive staff.