“Lovely Club sandwiches”
Review of Arches Coffee Shop - CLOSED

Arches Coffee Shop
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Independently owned coffee shop in the middle of cambridge city centre. All food is freshly prepared using the finest and freshest of ingredients all locally sourced where possible. A friendly atmosphere awaits.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had lunch last week I had the club sandwich and my wife a tuna sandwich with teas and coffee. The sandwiches were served promptly on lovely fresh bread and my club sandwich was so good. Tea and coffee were fine also and service very good. Very reasonable prices for Cambridge as so many places are so overpriced.

1  Thank Wyandour

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I visited Cambridge for the first time and stopped by this family owned cafe and enjoyed a generously sized triple decker sandwich- 'Club sandwich', which was filled with bacon, chicken and salad. Then for dessert I indulged in one of the gluten free cakes which did not disappoint either. Overall, great value for money and I can safely say I will be heading back next time I visit.

1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Broke our journey from Oxford to Norwich at Cambridge for lunch. Found this gem by chance.Coffee was the best I have tasted in ages served in a proper china cup. We both chose carrot and coriander soup with bread and butter. Home made soup, hot delicious and generous. Fresh as the proverbial daisy. Charming young waitress and all the staff here know exactly what they are doing. Tables constantly cleared and wiped down immediately someone leaves. Calm efficiency evident everywhere. A delightful warm and welcoming place with outstanding food.Well done that team. See British restaurants, it can be done!

1  Thank MisterEShopper
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our lunch here on a day out to Cambridge. I went with the chicken, chorizo and halloumi panini which was very nice and served with homemade coleslaw. Service was fantastic and was good value for money. Will certainly return on my next visit!

1  Thank choward1985
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We popped in for lunch and the girl that served us was lovely. I asked what was the difference between a normal latte and a chai latte and she gave quite a good, accurate description.
We ordered a Mediterranean meze and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Whilst waiting for the food, I was really warm in the restaurant so I asked another girl if the air con was on because it was really warm and stifling in there. She came back to me and said the air con was on but it was over the other side of the room so we didn't feel it but she offered to open a back door to try and get a breeze going through the place, and it did make a difference.
The food was lovely, so were the drinks, and our server asked if I liked the chai latte on the way out and I said I did. We found the staff lovely and helpful. Would go back for sure.

1  Thank NottinghamK1901