“Nice but warm inside on a hot day”
Review of Arches Coffee Shop - CLOSED

Arches Coffee Shop
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Independently owned coffee shop in the middle of cambridge city centre. All food is freshly prepared using the finest and freshest of ingredients all locally sourced where possible. A friendly atmosphere awaits.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We popped in for lunch and the girl that served us was lovely. I asked what was the difference between a normal latte and a chai latte and she gave quite a good, accurate description.
We ordered a Mediterranean meze and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Whilst waiting for the food, I was really warm in the restaurant so I asked another girl if the air con was on because it was really warm and stifling in there. She came back to me and said the air con was on but it was over the other side of the room so we didn't feel it but she offered to open a back door to try and get a breeze going through the place, and it did make a difference.
The food was lovely, so were the drinks, and our server asked if I liked the chai latte on the way out and I said I did. We found the staff lovely and helpful. Would go back for sure.

1  Thank NottinghamK1901

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited on Saturday around 1:30 and the cafe was very busy. I wanted a take-away sandwich (which wasn't offered on the menu) but on request it was no problem. Because of how busy they were at the time, I was advised there might be a 10-15 minute wait, however after just 5 minutes the sandwich was given to me & I was on my way.

It was well filled & delicious and the service from everyone that I spoke to in the cafe was great. Oh, and they correctly didn't charge me VAT as it was a take-away order!
Will come back here for a "proper" visit next time I'm nearby.

1  Thank Steve_T429
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went in to have lunch with a friend. Good vegetarian menu options, good location, quick service. I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

On a recent visit to Cambridge to see friends we visited Arches Coffe Shop.It was great, good food, value for money and the staff were realy friendly. Would certainly recomend a visit. We will go agin.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

On a recent visit to Cambridge i visited arches restaurant and had their all day breakfast, a superb feast ,beautifully served by a smiling friendly waitress, efficient service and very reasonably priced .I and my friends will definitely make it our NEW MEETING place.