“A bit pretentious, but they do have Fussball”

The Cambridge Brew House
Ranked #56 of 693 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, British, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Cambridge Brew House is the perfect place to meet friends, relax and enjoy fine beers and a tempting selection of delicious fresh food. There is a cosy lounge bar and delightful dining areas, as well as our very own micro-brewery, and our 'craft beer wall'. We also have two fantastic rooms upstairs for private parties and offer many events for you to enjoy. Do come and see us! With our cracking Tank Room - This is the perfect place to catch the game!
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A bit pretentious, but they do have Fussball”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Firstly, I didn't eat here.
Secondly, I only stayed for a couple of beers.
However, my overall feeling of the place was that it was clean and well designed yet teetering on the edge of pretentiousness. The ambience was very middle class, very Cambridge. Which I guess should be expected considering it's name and situation. The beer was good if expensive, but there was a wide variety of choice. Most of the beers I was interested in (IPAs) were from London, and they seemed to be being sold at London prices.

All this considered I would definitely visit again, and would take my wife here on a date-night. And they have fussball!

• Visited December 2013
CambridgeBrewhouse, General Manager at The Cambridge Brew House, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hey Adamandbex,

Interesting review thanks. I think you knid of answer some of your cirticism without me responding.

I did think it was important to point out that we have only had one London based IPA through November and December of last year. That is the exceptional Camden Pale Ale from Camden Town Brewery and it does go for £4.5 a pint but for this product thats more than acceptable in most of our customers eyes. We have stocked many other IPA's including, Lagunitas from California, Jack Brand Rye IPA from Southwold and Buxton's Black Rocks from Buxton to name a few. There are others but they are also from other parts of the UK.

Sorry if there was some confusion with the beers, glad you enjoyed the fussball.

Kind regards,

Bryan

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good British Grub”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I remember this Cambridge location from when it used to be the Bun Shop Pub over a decade ago, and it is good to see this new Gastropub as popular as one of its predecessors. The real ale selection is excellent, the atmosphere is always lively and the food portions are tasty and enormous. A winning combination.

Visited December 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great ambience, good food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice feel to this place, good food well presented and served with flair. Friendly staff and a nice selection of wines

Visited September 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Absolutely loved it! The staff were super attentive despite being obviously busy for Christmas parties. Our waiter Ben was great and on his recommendation we had some of the most interesting beers I've tried for some time. Go with the Lagunitas it was awesome. Food was good but don't expect fast food speed, this is an experience so don't rush. For me its a must visit for all our friends well worth a try.

• Visited December 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good staff terrible food”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch with friends, food ranged from average to undercooked. Fish served with very undercooked batter, not a pleasant experience, mushy peas served in one lump, very dry, chips were good but sadly only just warm. Served on cold plates. A rather disappointing experience .