“Nice family meal”
Review of Cau

Cau
Reserve with OpenTable
Cau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 706 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Starter flat bread pizza was nice. Of the three different steak main courses that we sampled - I though that the Rump was the best followed by the Medallions, the thin fried steak was slightly fatty. Chips were excellent and the wine was superb. The mac and cheese was very flavoursome and complimented the rich steak perfectly.
Puds were very large

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited CAU Cambridge for the first time following a recommendation from a friend, and it certainly lived up to this!
The steaks are superb and were cooked perfectly (Medium rare for me). The wine list is short, but good quality, with the Temparanillo as good as any Rioja I have had and at a reasonable price.
One thing to be aware of though, groups larger than 6 are discouraged, to ensure a consistent quality and ambiance.
I will be back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Came here for a celebratory meal and really enjoyed the steak and wine. Our waiter was very friendly and happy to talk us through the menu. Great choice of steak at excellent prices considering what other inferior restaurants charge. Corn-flake ice cream topped off the evening.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came across this place when walking around during the day - liked the look of it so booked in for that night. I'm so glad that we did! The whole meal was fantastic, our waitress was lovely, food excellent, wine excellent and my husband was in his element with 'best ever' milkshake! Highly recomended. Although the bill was not cheap - it was worth every penny!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went for lunch with my mother before went to see a play in the Master's Garden at Corpus Christi. We were in a hurry and both had burgers and side dish. Service was ok but a bit slow until the Manager appeared just after 1 pm. The house Syrah was good as were the burgers, but the tempura courgettes and onion rings had the thickest batter ever! Definitely not tempura. The tomato salad was beautifully presented but made with very under ripe tomatoes - acceptable in the winter but not in August. Wanted to like it but I didn't warm to it and it was all a bit underwhelming.