“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Virtual Aviation

Virtual Aviation
Ranked #5 of 16 Fun & Games in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Prices start from £290. The simulator is available 16 hrs a day, 7 days a week (advance booking required - please call before visiting). Experience a thrilling flight at the controls of Virtual Aviation's new Boeing 737 flight simulator at Cambridge Airport. This brand-new, multi-million pound flight simulator is the most advanced of its kind. It's normally used for training airline pilots, but it's also available to members of the public. Book a 'Flight Simulator Experience' and you'll get to experience the sheer thrill of flying a large passenger jet - with hands-on guidance from an experienced airline pilot.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Fantastic experience from walking through the door for a coffee and pre flight briefing to my final landing at Hong Kong International airport. The simulator is built using an actual Boeing 737 800 cockpit and the visuals are extremely realistic. Add a very friendly and knowledgeable instructor to do all the tricky work for you and can't fail to have a great time.

Visited September 2013
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, we are so pleased you enjoyed the experience. We hope to meet you again soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I did not have any previous experience in flying, but the helpful staff shared their knowledge, experiences and exiting informations about the plane and the flight. I have enjoyed every second of this one hour session! Thank you very much! It is something that I will never forget!!!!!!

Visited September 2013
You took to flying like a bird, we are so pleased you enjoyed the experience. Your instructor was very impressed. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
cambs
“BriBon I liked this a lot - so would you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Luckily every one who said they would like to share this experience with me couldn't make it and I had the whole hour to myself (just how quick can an hour go). I thoroughly enjoyed it and could have gone on all afternoon. The introduction and instruction period was also very well handled
and I was given a good chance to pick up some pointers prior to my "flight" and made to feel
very much at home. At one stage I managed to give my instructor a view of Heathrow he had never seen before but he put me at ease and ensured that I had a great time.
Well done Virtual Aviation.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the experience. We hope to meet you again soon.
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Purchased 1 hour simulator experience for 4 friends. It was very enjoyable experience with excellent tuition and friendly welcoming staff. We all had a go at handling the plane but of course 10 minutes each was not nearly enough. I think 1 hour per person would have been the ideal but of course that would have been a lot more expensive!

We followed up the simulator experience that afternoon with the chance to try the real thing -a microlight flight with Twotwofly at Little Gransdon and a chance to handle the controls.

Altogether a great day out!

Visited September 2013
Thank you for your review, it was great to meet you. We hope to see you again.
Hornsea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible experience - awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I purchased a 2 Hour session on the Simulator for myself and my family. The instructor took time to explain the controls ahead of time in a classroom then each of us had time at the controls. We found the experience amazing and the virtual flight was so realistic it was hard to believe we were not actually flying. Each family member enjoyed the flights and the instructor provided different routes for each of us to fly. The graphics and quality of the simulator was outstanding. The staff were very professional and well organised, the experience from start to finish was seamless. We will definitely be back, the value for money is excellent and it is one of those things that should be on everybody's list of things to do. Awesome!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Harvey R
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback, it was great to meet everyone and we look forward to flying with you again soon.