“Great experience”
Review of Virtual Aviation

Virtual Aviation
Ranked #4 of 20 Fun & Games in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Virtual Aviation (VA) is the UK's leading independent training academy for airline pilots. Book a Flight Simulator Experience with VA and you will get to go airside at VA's Cambridge Airport Training Centre and take the controls of a multi-million-pound 737-800 flight simulator, normally reserved for training professional pilots. You will have private hire of the simulator, with an experienced airline pilot as your personal instructor. Flight Simulator Experiences are available 7 days a week, and prices start at £290 including VAT, for up to 4 people. Open-dated Gift Vouchers are available (valid for 12 months).
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited for a 1 hour experience flight at Cambridge. The team at virtual aviation were incredibly attentive/organised in the run up to the experience and the visit itself was great fun. My husband (who's present it was) took about 35 mins, and myself and our son split the rest of the time between us. Our pilot was great at finding interesting tasks for us, making it just the right amount of challenging so it was really interesting but still achievable.
Despite being a fixed-based simulator the graphics give you a good sense of movement.
Would highly recommend.

3  Thank Fiona G
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you very much fro your review, we are thrilled that your husband enjoyed the experience. See you again soon.

All reviews
"knobs"
"hardware"
"techniques"

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had the greatest day out at virtual aviation . My two instructors for the day Rick and Rob both comercial pilots made my day unforgetable. The set up was very relaxed but professional. Rick and Rob may fly for a living but they are enthusiasts too and it shows . They made me feel one of the team and worked really hard to make my experience as realistic as possible.
If you are a flight sim nerd like me . Then this experience is for you. The graphics are superb and the feeling of real movement is mindblowing .
I even managed to land on no engines .

2  Thank Jonathan L
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Great! Thank you so much for your review, we a thrilled that you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a really amazing time. We were briefed for a short time and then spent an hour in the simulator. The Graphics were good and the pilot was great. Would recomend it.

1  Thank donnadohnut

Thank you for your kind words, it was great to meet you. See you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was bought an experience for my birthday, I am a PPL (Private Pilot) but it has lapsed and I haven't been that motivated to re-gain the licence. We arrived and had a very good briefing for around 40 minutes with a BA pilot and we then proceeded to the Sim.

Its not a full motion sim but its very very good, the controls and cockpit are excellent and (as far as I know) very realistic with real avionic displays and controls throughout. We did some great exercises and had some fun too.

We did a stall, a barrel roll (yes in a 737-800!) a rock and roll ride through the mountains and a number of landings, one in some great scenery and then a number at Hong Kong, pausing briefly to fly it under a bridge but unfortunately we hit the water first (it was close!). We did a number of different landings at Hong Kong, a straightforward good vis landing, a low cloud base ILS landing, a night landing and some interesting landings with cross winds.

The time went way too fast but we crammed a lot in!

The guys at Virtual aviation are real enthusiasts and make the day really entertaining, I would definitely go back, but I think I might book more time next time!

3  Thank honeymooncoupleuk

Thank you very much for the review and your images, it was great to meet you both. We are so pleased you enjoyed the experience and you love for flying has increased! We look forward to seeing you again soon!