“Dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Virtual Aviation

Virtual Aviation
Ranked #6 of 17 Fun & Games in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Prices start from £290. The simulator is available 16 hrs a day, 7 days a week (advance booking required - please call before visiting). Experience a thrilling flight at the controls of Virtual Aviation's new Boeing 737 flight simulator at Cambridge Airport. This brand-new, multi-million pound flight simulator is the most advanced of its kind. It's normally used for training airline pilots, but it's also available to members of the public. Book a 'Flight Simulator Experience' and you'll get to experience the sheer thrill of flying a large passenger jet - with hands-on guidance from an experienced airline pilot.
London, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Dream come true”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had the greatest day out at virtual aviation . My two instructors for the day Rick and Rob both comercial pilots made my day unforgetable. The set up was very relaxed but professional. Rick and Rob may fly for a living but they are enthusiasts too and it shows . They made me feel one of the team and worked really hard to make my experience as realistic as possible.
If you are a flight sim nerd like me . Then this experience is for you. The graphics are superb and the feeling of real movement is mindblowing .
I even managed to land on no engines .

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jonathan L
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Great! Thank you so much for your review, we a thrilled that you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience, deffinatly a must!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a really amazing time. We were briefed for a short time and then spent an hour in the simulator. The Graphics were good and the pilot was great. Would recomend it.

1 Thank donnadohnut
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, it was great to meet you. See you again soon!
England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Experience - re-energised my love for flying!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was bought an experience for my birthday, I am a PPL (Private Pilot) but it has lapsed and I haven't been that motivated to re-gain the licence. We arrived and had a very good briefing for around 40 minutes with a BA pilot and we then proceeded to the Sim.

Its not a full motion sim but its very very good, the controls and cockpit are excellent and (as far as I know) very realistic with real avionic displays and controls throughout. We did some great exercises and had some fun too.

We did a stall, a barrel roll (yes in a 737-800!) a rock and roll ride through the mountains and a number of landings, one in some great scenery and then a number at Hong Kong, pausing briefly to fly it under a bridge but unfortunately we hit the water first (it was close!). We did a number of different landings at Hong Kong, a straightforward good vis landing, a low cloud base ILS landing, a night landing and some interesting landings with cross winds.

The time went way too fast but we crammed a lot in!

The guys at Virtual aviation are real enthusiasts and make the day really entertaining, I would definitely go back, but I think I might book more time next time!

3 Thank honeymooncoupleuk
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the review and your images, it was great to meet you both. We are so pleased you enjoyed the experience and you love for flying has increased! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a fantastic day out in Cambridge. You can do a real flight or something that you may not be able to do in a real plane. Great for all the family as you fly the plane and some visitors can watch from behind. You would think that you were in a real plane.

2 Thank 202Joshua202
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for your kind words Josh, we are glad you enjoyed the experience. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Although I was looking for a full motion simulator experience I have to say how pleased I was with this fixed sim at Cambridge airport. It was good value and the graphics are so good as to make you believe you are moving anyway! I arrived with my wife who had no intention of flying but after some gentle persuasion from our instructor/host Mark she became first officer whilst I took the left hand seat. After a very good briefing from Mark, himself a fully qualified pilot, we took to the sim which was all prepared and ready to go. First job was a take off from LHR and some low flying over the sights of London. Then for a bit of fun we aimed to fly under the QE2 bridge (very nearly made it but ended up in the Thames just short of the bridge!). After that we flew around the south coast before doing some landings at Hong Kong's Chep Lap Kok in the dawn sunrise (the beautiful "sunrise" outside against the glow of our flight deck instruments looked quite beautiful - so realistic!). We kept to the basics, I did most of the flying including takeoff/landing etc whilst my "no. 1" looked after flaps, gear, etc - though she also took control for a while. Mark was excellent - friendly and informative, basically he would have let us have a go at virtually any manoeuvre but in the time we had the basics were more than enough to keep us busy and thoroughly absorbed. If you have an interest in getting on the controls of a B737, whether for fun or otherwise (and who wouldn't?) we can highly recommend this. Total time we had was 90 mins, 30 mins briefing and 1 hour flying, which is great value compared with some others around the UK. We will definitely visit again.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank suitableforupgrade
Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed the experience and we look forward meeting with you again soon.