“Real flying experience without leaving the ground!”
Review of Virtual Aviation

Virtual Aviation
Ranked #8 of 18 Fun & Games in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Prices start from £290. The simulator is available 16 hrs a day, 7 days a week (advance booking required - please call before visiting). Experience a thrilling flight at the controls of Virtual Aviation's new Boeing 737 flight simulator at Cambridge Airport. This brand-new, multi-million pound flight simulator is the most advanced of its kind. It's normally used for training airline pilots, but it's also available to members of the public. Book a 'Flight Simulator Experience' and you'll get to experience the sheer thrill of flying a large passenger jet - with hands-on guidance from an experienced airline pilot.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I came here with some friends and we shared an hour on the simulator. It was excellent fun we got to choose the airport we wanted to fly from and the instructor was very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended.

Virtual A, Owner at Virtual Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for uploading your picture Andy, it was great to meet you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is an amazing experience, just couldn't stop smiling on my way home. Feels like flying in a real jet! Even though it isn't a full motion simulator, it's so immersive it actually makes you feel the plane lifting off the ground, rolling in the air. Seriously don't miss out on it! I am definitely going again.

Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for visiting. We are so pleased you enjoyed the experience and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a former pilot, and with a good deal of experience of simulators from home desk jobs to £15 million jobs, I was a little sceptical about how good this new simulator at Cambridge was going to be, as I knew there was no motion base. I needn't have worried! Once in the seat, I was very impressed to see that all the controls are either the real thing, or as near as can be for simulation. The switches all have the right feel, and do exactly what they are supposed to. The lighting is bang on. The visuals are just superb, using the latest Rockwell Collins EP-8000 system that is used in many of the best FMS installations with many commercial airlines. The collimator gives totally realistic depth to the image, and you really can stretch your neck and 'look out the window'!

I was with a group of colleagues from work, and as I had some experience, I was given a little jaunt down the M11 - Stansted to London City, at about 60t all up weight. London City's short runway does not tend to see many Boeing 737-800s - they may not get out again! The adrenaline was flowing, but I got down on the numbers and with just a little runway to spare. Very exhilarating and rewarding!

Whilst my colleagues were flying, I took a back seat and admired the view, with flights in Barcelona, Hong Kong and Salzburg. Some of the turns made you lean out of your seat, and when a couple were un-coordinated/out of balance, it really made me feel a little queazy, as it would in an actual aircraft! Who needs a motion base!

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Can't wait to go back!

It was great meeting you and we are so happy you enjoyed the experience. Well done on the approach into London City - not for the faint hearted! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

First of all, I would love to thank both Steven and James for hosting such a great event. Having the opportunity to fly a Boeing 747 has fulfilled a childhood dream of mine, and has left me inspired to start flying real planes and build towards an EASA PPL.

The simulator felt unbelievably realistic, and even caused me to shift in my seat through every bank and turn. Furthermore, the tuition supplied by Steven (even though he wasn't one of their highly-trained instructors) was prestige, giving me the support and guidance needed to successfully take off and land the aircraft all by myself!

Meeting James was a highlight, as he was able to provide an insight into how the technology behind the simulate helps create such an authentic environment. He also took me on a tour of the software, and showed me briefly how to operate the environment and situation elements of the experience.

Overall, a great experience lead by great people - Highly recommended for all those who are even just a little bit interested in having the opportunity to fly a commercial airliner!

Alan

Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

It was great to meet you Alan, just a reminder that it is a Boeing 737 flight simulator and you flew it very well. See you again soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ever wanted to fly a big aeroplane? No worries! do it at Cambridge Airport. Friendly, funny but professional people offer you an event you will never forget. Seriously one place to go in CB.

Virtual A, Manager at Virtual Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad you enjoyed the experience. If you are interested in receiving the latest news and offers you can subscribe to our newsletter on our website at www.virtualaviation.co.uk.