“Great food, subpar service”
Review of Ceylon Cinnamon - CLOSED

Ceylon Cinnamon
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Ordered 15 dishes between a party of seven, only 12 came out after a 45 minute wait. The bill was wrong, but all up we came out ahead so left the difference as a tip rather than complicate things further by asking for a correction.

Food was great however, particularly the mutton dish and coconut rice. Would've been nice to try the three dishes we missed out on, hopefully they get the service issues ironed out before we visit again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Waited for >1 hour for our food. The meals were rather small and the service team failed to show that they actually cared about their customers. Big service fail

9  Thank F S
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were very excited to try this place as we have visited Sri Lanka and love the cuisine. We had originally booked a table a week ago but showed up to learn that there was an issue in the kitchen and the place was closed. We tried again tonight and I wish we would not have. It took us almost 2 hours to eat a meal...but that was because it took almost one hour to get our food! Our waitress seemed confused most of the time and made several errors during the evening. We did enjoy our food but will not return to sit it - it is just not worth it. When it was time to pay the machine was not working and poor hubby had to brave the rain and run down the street to get cash! A disappointing experience but we may get the food for takeaway sometime.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've never actually put a really negative review online before as I think it's often unfair. But I cannot get over how badly I was treated this evening. Last week I spent 3 days trying to get through on the phone to book a table (as a birthday treat for me). I finally got through (and also sent a message through their website to book as well to make sure) and booked a table for this evening (saying that it was Groupon voucher). This was confirmed, so a friend and I arrived at the time booked, and waited for quite a while for anyone to appear. When I said that we had a table booked in my name she flatly denied it, and when I insisted (and said that I'd also contacted online) she still said that we couldn't have a table (though there were plenty free). I was polite but insistent that we had a table booked and they should honour that , especially as we didn't live in Cambridge and had travelled in for a special meal - in the end all she said was that if we sat and waited for two hours they could serve us then. I can't comment about the food as we never got any, but I can't believe that they would treat us so badly - with no apology whatsoever...

10  Thank Anna M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked a table at Ceylon Cinnamon for 12.15pm on 23rd May. We turned up at 12.10 and it was closed. We waited and waited and no one turned up. We asked at the shop next door and was told that people were always going in and asking her if Ceylon Cinnamon were going to open. We went elsewhere and when we walked by at 14.00 hrs it was still closed. I left them a note but have not heard anything back.

8  Thank 15travels15