“Excellent pub meal!”
Review of The Brook

The Brook
Ranked #373 of 732 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Friday night and had forgotten there was an England game on! But they fitted us in, and the food was great. Traditional pub grub such as burgers, curry and lasagna, but all done really well, with an unusually subtle approach to chillis - as in add enough to generate some heat, but not so much that all other flavours are lost. The staff were also really helpful. So a great pub, and I'd definitely go back.

1  Thank mwrussell2013

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We called on Friday evening for a meal whilst at the Cambridge Folk Festival. The establishment was quiet, and we found the staff to be polite and efficient. The real ale very drinkable, always a good point for me. Out of the five starters on the menu, our first and second choices were both sold out, and nothing else appealed so it was a main course only. The meals were very good for the price. The good attitude of the staff has pushed this review from average to very good.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Brook pub on Mill Road is a must for anyone looking for an excellent meal in a welcoming, lively atmosphere. The menu caters for all tastes, the restaurant area is beautifully decorated and the staff are friendly and efficient. I have eaten in the Brook a number of times, and have never been disappointed. The Sunday roast, served from 12-3pm every Sunday, is particularly good.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I came here at the end of february and had a lovely meal. The service was very friendly and keen to help. I would definitely recommend. Also has a lovely garden which i look forward to seeing when the suns out.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We ate here just before Christmas. Firstly, its recently been refurbished and its a really nice place to be. Obviously we had the added enjoyment of the chic Christmas decorations!

The menu has a good variety of food. When ordering the staff were quite happy to accommodate my wife's unique requests - can I have peas, not french beans? Can I have the sauce on the side? - without any bother. They then actually got the order right! The food was freshly prepared, well presented and tasted great. They've got a good choice of wine too.

Bit cold & damp for the new outside area, but it'll be great in Summer!

The prices are very reasonable. Well worth a go and there's even parking.