“Saturday Tasting”

Cambridgeshire Wine School
Ranked #1 of 178 things to do in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and informative wine tastings. For Saturdays and evening tastings, see dates and times on our website (Run a Google search to find us). We also offer private parties (birthdays, hen nights, staff socials, team building) and for an ideal present - Wine Tasting gift vouchers!
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Attended a Saturday tasting with two friends having all received as Christmas presents .
Excellent presenter in Mark who was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in his presentation
We learned a lot and view wines differently as a result having learned much about different regions, soil conditions for vines.5 hours flew by with an excellent lunch in between Highly recommended and very relaxed atmosphere for all concerned

All reviews
in 30 reviews
"gift voucher"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I attended the sparkling wine and champagne evening not knowing what to expect. Champagne drinkers can be a pretentious lot, and I must confess to preferring prosecco or cava to "the real thing". Mark was warm, friendly and not in the least intimidating. He gave just enough history and facts to make us feel we'd learnt something, and the tutored tasting helped us to learn to trust our palates. I still prefer sparkling wine to champagne, but at least now I know why. And I also now know the best fizz to drink with fish and chips! Really useful and enjoyable. Thank you.

markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hi Anne, thanks so much for your enthusiastic review! And I'm glad you thought the wine we chose to pair with fish and chips worked so well - spread the word! Cheers and see you again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a great time at your sparkling and Champagne testing. A very good atmosphere and great settings. And now I know what sound should a Champagne bottle do.
Will def book again.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Mark's friendly and engaging style soon puts everyone at ease. We tasted six wines after a short introduction to the method of production and then discussed our tasting impressions. He also provided useful information about where the wines that we tasted could be bought locally and at what price. A very enjoyable, practical way to learn. I will certainly attend more of Mark's events.