“Wine Tasting in Cambridge”

Cambridgeshire Wine School
Ranked #3 of 167 things to do in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and informative wine tastings. For Saturdays and evening tastings, see dates and times on our website (Tripadvisor gives the link next to our phone number). We also offer private parties (birthdays, hen nights, staff socials, team building). Or for an ideal present, gift vouchers that never expire!
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Mark organises an excellent and fun way to start learning about wines. The evening was conducted in an unpretentious way in very pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have attended 4 out of a course of 8 evenings now and looking forward to tonights session. The course is aimed at all levels of wine appreciation and the subject is brought to life in a very engaging way and in an excellent venue - d'Arry's in Cambridge. Mark not only educates you on the regions and the typical wines, but also informs you of the best offers in town and where to buy great wines at resonable prices - our wine rack has never looked so impressive and yet it hasn't blown the household budget.
It's not just learning about wine either as we have a great group and went out on a 'social' last week.
I can highly recommend signing up for an 8 week journey of wine around the world - enjoy!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have just had a very interesting and informative evening at the wine tasting and cookery demonstration "Global Steak and Red Wine". In a superb modern setting it was very well presented. We both has a very enjoyable evening and learnt a lot.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Like most Europeans, I would never order a glass of wine without food so when out for a drink I will order beer instead. What I enjoyed about the evening at Cook's Barn was the fact that all the wines were tasted against differently flavoured steaks with a really interesting cookery demonstration to boot. I also appreciated the fact that Mark didn't blind (or bore) us with science but taught us what we needed to know to make informed choices when ordering wine in a restaurant or in a wine store. I'm really looking forward to the fish-based tasting as I have become a huge white wine fan in recent years.

1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed October 3, 2012

If you want to know why you enjoy some wines and not others, then come along to this course. Then you will always pick the right wine and savour that wonderful feeling that only the right wine can bring.

Mark is knowledgeable and accessible and generous. It's fun and very rewarding!