“Fun Sunday Afternoon”

The Six Bells
Ranked #153 of 760 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Six Bells is a traditional local pub off Mill Road which has been here for over a century. The pub is deceptively large with the two wood panelled front bars leading onto a conservatory with comfy sofas, and a pool room. At the rear there is a patio garden. We have a pool table, dartboard and a great jukebox. Free wireless broadband access. We serve five real ales, a choice of lagers, Guinness and cider as well as wines, spirits and soft drinks. Home cooked food is served every day from 12pm to 9pm, except on Sundays when our Roast Lunch is served from 12pm to 5pm. Sandwiches available until 11pm. We have a Quiz Night every Monday from 9pm and Live Music every Saturday night. We also host an Open Mic on alternate Sundays from 5pm. We also provide a meetng place for various community groups and are happy to cater for parties. Please be aware we do not accept credit/debit cards.
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Visited the Six Bells for the first time today. We were drawn in by the music of the fabulous 'Martinis' who were perfect to listen to while we ate a splendid Sunday roast dinner of pork with crackling and Yorkshire pudding, which was brought to out table with happy smiles.
A really nice little pub with good cask ale selection and I believe a lot of different whisky's, lots of seats and tables and radiators to cuddle when cold, but most of all a very friendly atmosphere! We shall certainly go again while visiting Cambridge.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank SueS927

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

I found this pub by searching Trip Advisor. We wanted to book somewhere with good food but reasonably priced. This was the right place. The food was excellent, our plates were full and we were offered more of any veg etc. Friendly staff and not busy on the Sunday that we visited. My son is at university in Cambridge so we walked from his place rather than search for parking. This was a good move and we enjoyed the walk through town.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017

I visited the Six Bells for Sunday Lunch with a friend. There was a choice of a couple of meats and a vegetarian option. Everything was excellent, and we were offered extra helpings on top of the already generous portions of meat, five vegetables, crispy roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings. At £8.95 this is probably the best value Sunday Lunch in Cambridge. The beer was tasty seemed well kept too.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank gns24
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

Great pub to have a sunday lunch. Food great and portion size very generous. Great value for money. Warm and welcoming staff.

1  Thank Alma D
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

I came in to the six bells for Easter lunch as I have heard about the amazing roasts that they do there.

I was served by the land lord of the pub. I was warned that he can be some what grumpy! (Isn't that every old pub land lord!!)

I was pleasantly surprised when he greeted me with a nice hello and what would I like to drink. I ordered my drink and when I went up to order my roast once again first class service was given!

The food was incredible I would 100% recommend this pub for any night of the week!

Date of visit: April 2017