“Trip into Cambridge”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had this Xinxim dish in Las Iguanas. In fact I enjoyed it that much I was searching for the recipe when this review came up of the place I had originally been served the dish. The Xinxim was delicious and the service was good. Thanks Las Iguanas for widening my palette! (P.S. Apparently this is Pele's favourite dish).

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The reason we chose that restaurant was because it's in a nice area in Cambridge next to the River, but my thought about it was that it will be such a normal-average chain restaurant like a lot of chains in England...
The restaurant really surprise me as the food was really good! Nice taste of everything, so different to another Mexican-Latin restaurants and big portions! Also the personal service is really friendly.
It will be much better if the waiting time for the food was less, but it was the only bad thing.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

A romantic meal out was spoiled by a long queue for mediocre quality food and - to our disgust- a clear plastic wrapper from a bottle if sauce mixed in with my enchilada which i hadnt seen until i was about to eat it.

The duty manager said it was from the jar of sauce they used. But this makes me wonder about their standards of hygiene in the kitchen, and quality control in general. A night out spoiled by terrible standards. We won't be going back.

2  Thank PJ108
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your visit back in July. I was concerned to hear your comment about a piece of packaging from a 'jar of sauce' found on your plate as we make our sauces in house and the only item that would be in the kitchen would be the chilli table sauce we use which comes in a bottle. Unfortunately as you have taken so long to bring this to our attention it is very difficult now to trace back exactly what happened but if you would like to forward me a contact telephone number, your name and trip advisor ID I would be pleased to ask our area manager to give you a call to find out more. Lucy- Las Iguanas lucy@iguanas.co.uk

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Sat outside tapas nice atmosphere good cocktails
Worth a visit the bar food is excellent we took daughter for 21st her choice

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had cocktails here last sunday night,and it was really lovely!
Staff nice and friendly and drinks buy one get one free!!! Great value!! Had a great time did not eat,but food smelt lovely!!!