“A gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As an indian I'm quite critical when it comes to curries and I have to say the Bengal Diner didn't disappoint me at all.

The restaurant is clean, bright with parking literally right outside (amazing for Cambridge!). The staff are friendly and attentive.

The food is divine, I have tried several dishes and each time I'm pleasantly surprised. Most folks are only interested in how hot a curry is - for me the reason Bengal Diner is a winner is because their food have delicious flavours/fragrances, it's not just about the heat - it's about the combination of spices that bring out amazing flavours.

The other important point is the quality of the ingredients in their dishes, the meat is tender/succulent and the spices are fresh - trust me it makes all the difference in a dish!

Well done Bengal Diner - keep it up!

1  Thank b0ribo
Rumell, Owner at Bengal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your comment. In the Diner our chef does take pride in the flavors of the dishes and the spices. Please do visit us again soon when you are in the are.

There are newer reviews for Bengal Diner

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We'd never been here before and, as it's off the beaten track, it's not the kind if place you stumble across.
It was a Saturday evening but not busy and they accommodated 6 off us without booking.
The venue is exceptionally clean, the service attentive and the food was tasty.
It ranks as highly as pipasha in my view and is streets ahead of the dirty Bombay brasserie.
If you're in town it really is worth the extra effort to seek this place out.

Rumell, Owner at Bengal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Many thanks for your comments, we hope to see you again soon in the Diner.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I am struggling understand how it has 5 trip adviser stars. Me and my girlfriend were the only guests throughout the whole time we were in there. The food was ok , nothing special at all , the beer was horrid and over priced. The staff were pleasant but I would expect nothing less really. The restaurant is situated in a very quiet part of town in a residential street , not what I expected.

Rumell, Owner at Bengal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I am very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. We have had a change of our staff in the kitchen so if you do have an opportunity to come to the Diner, we would be very pleased to serve you and your girlfriend.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

First time to this restaurant and I was very impressed. It is clean, modern and a welcome change from a lot of dated Indian restaurants. The menu is well set out and not too much choice but something for everyone. Well priced and really enjoyed the food. The owner is very friendly and will be visiting again soon. I would recommend this place to anyone thinking of having an Indian in Cambridge.

Rumell, Owner at Bengal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments, please do come again soon and we will try to alter the menu around to provide you with a dish that you would like. Our chef is very talented and is always happy to try out new dishes. Thank you

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Have you tried THE BEST INDIAN IN TOWN?!!! BRILLIANT SERVICE, dined in for table for 4 and the food was exquisite, friendly warm atmosphere, menu completely different than any other Indian i've been in Cambridge. Would recommend lamb shank and as my friend was with me who's vegetarian, she ordered Diwali Handi and we had numerous side dishes which was to die for!! we'll be coming back bringing friends and family for Christmas, already booked !!!

Rumell, Owner at Bengal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, our team are always happy to try more exquisite tastes for you and your friends. Please do come and dine with us again soon.