Lovell Lodge Hotel
$141
$172
$168
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$147
$127
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
$167
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$107
$89
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I booked a "villa" (semi detached house) for my friends hen weekend. We booked for a Saturday night. On the Saturday morning before we left, I checked my email to find a message from Lovell lodge saying our accommodation had been cancelled!!! and we had been moved to the hotel (TOTALLY unsuitable for our needs) because of a boiler problem. An email!!! to CANCEL our booking. After I had phoned them, they did re-locate us to another house, but the person on the phone was very rude and offered no apology. It felt like he was doing us a favour! The house is very poorly equipped, more self catering than anything. (You will have to bring EVERYTHING you will need, from towels to cutlery.) It wasn't very clean, was dusty, and the dishwasher was caked in slime...
I was informed upon booking that breakfast was inclusive. However when we turned up for breakfast, we were told we had to pay. The breakfast was horrible, and took ages to arrive. I complained and was told VERY sarcasticly and rudely by the receptionist "I can't force you to pay". Again, no apology.
Basically, the staff were the rudest I have ever encountered and the house was shabby. Definitely won't be staying again, and would advise others to avoid!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Where do I start? I'd booked the 3 bedroom apartment for 6 of us celebrating my best friend's Hen Weekend - we were all really excited about it and the photos looked lovely. We wanted an apartment as apose to a hotel so that we were all able to get ready together and have our own space. In the car that we had hired for the journey, we thought we'd phone to see if we could check in early as we were only half an hour away from Cambridge by this point - my friend (the bride to be!) phoned and it went through to the hotel - the person on the phone was very rude and informed her that the boiler had a problem so we would no longer be able to stay in the apartment, so he'd checked us in to the hotel instead giving us a family room to sleep 4 and a double room for the other 2. There was no apology, nothing! We were all really deflated by this point but tried to keep positive so not to ruin the weekend. We arrived at Lovell Lodge to a very unwelcoming member of staff on the reception desk - who made us feel like we were putting them out by staying in the hotel! Still no apology for not phoning us either! I asked what was wrong in the apartment and whether it would be fixed for late afternoon so that we could stay there instead. I got told to look over the road, where I could see roadworks, no idea as to what that had to do with the boiler being broken but that's all the response I got!! We got given our keys and told our room numbers, no offer of showing us around, we also had to ask for breakfast to be included - he didn't offer it out of goodwill! Me and my other friend stayed in the double room - which was ok but not the best, and it was completely down the opposite end of the corridor to where the other 4 were staying. We looked in their room and it was really filthy!! Dust everywhere, filth on the carpet when we moved the beds, walls were gross, disgusting! I could see the look on the bride to be's face and I felt awful! All we wanted was the apartment that we'd booked and paid for! The rooms were well overpriced for what you get, we asked for some money back which he reluctantly gave us - so we put it towards the taxi into the centre which was a 3 mile journet- that's how little he gave us back!! Breakfast the next day was ok - but nothing th rave about, portion sizes were pretty small and I couldn't swap my mushrooms and tomatoes for anything else when I ordered - I just had to have my fry up without either so got less than everyone else. We checked out and still no apology or anything. The place was a hole! I highly recommend no one goes here, ever! I definitely won't be returning!! If the customer service had been better then that would have slightly made up for the inconvenience it had caused us. The overall experience really let down our weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laura E
Reviewed May 5, 2014

went to newmarket races for birthday weekend treat with family .had a great time untill arriving at our hotel then everything fell apart we was not put in the hotel but in a annex witch was across the road .on arrival we was taken to the annex and told the rooms are up stairs but she left it to us to find are rooms we found one but had trouble finding the other as the number had fell off.When opening our room it was smelly,carpets grimy,clothing tags on floor from last user ,very tattey fixtures and fittings just awrfull and my sons room was the same .returned to give back keys manager didnt say much just said complane then offerd no other alternative so ended up driving 2 hours to get accommodation somewhere else WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY TO GO HERE.P.S NO EVEING RESTAURANT AS ADVERTISED.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This seemed to be one of the cheapest options for staying close to the town centre with a taxi fair of about £10. The Milton area where the hotel is located has a slightly oppressive feel to it but you don't stay here to explore this area. The layout of the hotel is a bit weird, a bit like a rabbit warren with lots of little corridors but the room itself was clean and attractive, the shower was hot and the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant looked nice and the included breakfast was very tasty with a good selection too. The bonus for us was that our dog was allowed to stay with us in the room! If your looking for a pet friendly hotel close-ish to Cambridge the Lovell Lodge is not a bad option, although don't expect too many frills.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I really enjoyed Lovell Lodge. Superb room, good Wifi, - good evening meal in the bar. The price for Wifi is so minimal - it's about £1 but on the website, it states that there is a charge - which is so minimal - it shouldn't put you off. My only complaints were that it has one of those fixed showers where you can't take the head off and all water squirts down from the ceiling!!! It's impossible to avoid getting your hair wet, ladies - so not really to my taste!! Also scrambled egg for breakfast was rock hard - no idea of cooking at breakfast - lots of foreign staff but very pleasant! The actual room and reception staff were excellent and good parking on the front and a bonus for me was that I could walk to work. I would definitely use this hotel again - good for Disabled too - no stairs!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business