“A very good, cosy and authentic restaurant”
Review of Bibimbap House

Bibimbap House
Ranked #110 of 691 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: this restaurant is in Cambridge, UK, NOT Cambridge, USA
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A very good, cosy and authentic restaurant”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had dinner on a Sunday evening. The food was excellent. The atmosphere authentic and relaxing. The lady who served us was very attentive and polite. Strongly recommend it. We will come back soon!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Betta78

cambride uk
“lacking flavour but healthy”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We found the menu limited, the same base of rice and vegetables with the choice of pork beef or tuna. Food is served in piping hot stoneware bowls. I was confused by the addition of three small bowls, one containing a teaspoonful / tiny, not even a mouthful of potato salad, a smear of potato puree containing sweetcorn, one some sweet yellow pepper shavings ( i think) and a larger bowl of bland miso soup, I felt these did not link to the rest of the dish which was rice topped with a julienne of corgette and carrots and an egg. The small pork side was rich and tasty. A can of coke and a small water were priced at £2.00 each and brought to the table with the empty glasses. Altough I felt I had eaten a healthy meal, I found it lacked finesse and flavour was a little expensive considering the basic ingredients and surroundings.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank mefoodisbetterdandat
UK
“Great service, lovely food!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My friends and I arrived barely half an hour before closing. Staff were very welcoming, and were quick to reshuffle tables to accommodate us (there were seven of us...). Food arrived quickly, and was piping hot, cleanly presented and very tasty. It was the end of the day, but we weren't hurried out in any way. Great place for a quick bite, would visit again soon!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank doratai1
Oxford, UK
“Simple, well cooked, filling and tasty”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We came here, on recommendation, for lunch on the day of my son's graduation and it was a perfect and simple introduction to an otherwise very formal and ceremonial-filled day. I've never had Korean food before, or heard of the dish Bibimbap, but exactly as the other reviewers say, the setting is unassuming, the service charming, and the food very well cooked. We had one diner who doesn't eat meat (and the tuna option was really good), one who isn't too fond of overly spicy food (and the vegetable option hit the spot here), and two confirmed meat eaters who had chicken and pork and enjoyed it thoroughly. I wish I lived closer, as I'd certainly frequent this place very often!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank IgorStrav
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

As other reviews of Bipimbap have noted from the outside it doesnt look much and once entering the restaurant decor isnt overly inspiring
But the food is just excellent, small menu but it covers Meat , Fish and Vegetarian options, all freshly cooked and very very tasty.....Will most definetly visit again

• Visited July 2012