“Good Sushi AND good service :o)”
Review of Japas Sushi

Japas Sushi
Ranked #396 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Having read other reviews about lousy service, we went there with some trepidation but our fears were unfounded. The restaurant is basic but the service was very good. The waitress was new (so perhaps previous issues have been addressed). We went for the 'Family Sushi' which was plenty large enough for 4 adults plus we had some tempura on the side for good measure (bit greasy but ok). The sushi / maki etc was very good and certainly tasted fresh. Bit weird is that they add 10% "service charge" because you 'eat-in' but the waitress does not see any of it so we felt obliged to leave her a cash tip too. Would definitely recommend and use again :o)

1  Thank GoCliff

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Good fresh sushi and other related Japanese dishes. Excellent place for a quick lunch. No problems with the service although it was strange that there's a standard 10% service charge, nothing wrong with that, and an invitation to give more when you pay with credit card.

Some minor grumbles: although clean it seems that the decoration is not yet finished, there's still masking tape and other evidence of a job not yet done. Plus the wine choice is uninspiring and the Japanese beer is UK brewed which means it's not the original authentic taste. And no super-dry.

Finally: most sushi bars prepare the sushi in view of the customer. Japas does not. Doesn't make their food any less good but means it's short of a little authentic atmosphere.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went for a early evening meal with my wife at Japas sushi. The restaurant was quiet. The menu contained lots of choice at reasoanble prices. Service was quick and pleasant with simple and good food. Please read the bill before adding a tip, as a discretionary service charge of 10% has already been addded into it. We can't say anything was outstanding, but we were fed and watered adequately.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food was fine, sushi was as good as any other I have had in Cambridge. They also made it very quickly. It was sad that the tea was made with a teabag and brought out with the teabag still in it, as it got stronger and stronger, not what I like.

Also, the service charge was very high and added no very slyly I thought. If I go again I will be asking them to take the service charge off and let me decide what I leave as a tip. Very annoying.

1  Thank OverMyDeadBody
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went there to check what it was about. Fresh, affordable. I would recommend to anyone. The place is simple, but I wasn't looking for a spa, so focusing about the food, 5 stars.