“Lovely place, will come again”
Review of Stickybeaks

Stickybeaks
Ranked #122 of 706 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We're an independent café, owned and run by Lucy and Catherine, and we've got a passion for making great food and coffee. Our kitchen is open plan, so customers get to have a "stickybeak" at us as we rush around to prep everything ready for lunch and spend the afternoons baking cakes! We keep the menu changing every day to keep things interesting, and serve brunch on Sundays.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I visited on my birthday with my mother and baby daughter. Just had a large mocha, but it was lovely. My mother said her Americano was better than Waitrose, which is high praise.

Very clean and well decorated (cute bird logo!) we sat in the large padded booth at the back as we were there before the lunch rush.

Only one, unisex, toilet, which my mother found off-putting, but it was clean.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had lunch in Sticky Beaks cafe today. The food is 'wholesome' but unsubstantial, portions are not generous, a slice of frittata and a few leaves for around a fiver. I think it's aimed at ladies who don't really lunch.

I found it really odd and annoying that (yes I know you have to pay first at Burger King) firstly you have to pay before you get your food and if it's under £15 you have to pay a 40p surcharge. So what happens if you just don't have cash on you and you then decide to have a slice of pie to fill the remaining gap? You have to yet again order, pay along with I guess another 40p?

Also a cappuccino comes out like a flat white, so what does their flat white look like?

I asked the guy serving if the reason why you had to pay before you get the food was because in the past they'd had many people doing a runner. He said he didn't know, but they did have someone leave their credit card there from a week........ I said surely that's the opposite? He looked blank.

Gatanina, Owner at Stickybeaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Hi Glen, in spite of the crippling credit/debit card charges passed onto businesses (large and small) we have decided to stop charging customers for using credit/debit cards at Stickybeaks. We apologise if you found the policy inconvenient at the time of your visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Have popped in here a few times for coffee or lunch. Their range of frittatas are really tasty, they have good gluten free sweet options. Plenty of tea flavours and good coffee. Staff could be a bit more welcoming instead of just talking amongst themselves.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Have been meaning to pop in here for months & now I'm kicking myself that I didn't go before!

A lovely, simple, clean Scandinavian style bistro serving fresh salads, quiches, cakes, teas and posh pop.

A relaxed atmosphere where you can watch the world go by,enjoying a coffee. There are not enough of these types of eaterys in Cambridge!!

Will defiantly be back, very soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

You have to try this place, it is so yum!

The cafe is quite small, but the food is big on flavour and very creative. The concise menu offers a few different lunch choices, but today we were all tempted by the gorgonzola frittata and a sharing plate of the 3 interesting salads that were available that day, and honestly it was such a good meal! The salads are anything but boring, we had a beetroot and orange salad that was AMAZING, and also a middle eastern style rice salad that was so fruity and delicious. They serve my favourite soft drink, Breckland Orchard ginger and chilli beer so that was another bonus!

After lunch we sampled two of the different cakes that had been winking at us from the glass fridge! The coconut and chocolate cake with meringue topping, and the carrot cake full of nuts and fruit with a cream cheese topping. Both were delicious, but the carrot cake was the clear winner for me! It is so nice to find a carrot cake without the sickly sweet icing - if you are going to bother making a cream cheese, or sour cream icing then for me it should have a slight sharpness, and actually taste cheesy, not just like icing sugar - and this icing was perfect!

The salads and cakes change regularly, so you will have to visit several times (what a chore!)!!

1  Thank R0P0