“Best coffee in Cambridge”
Review of Stickybeaks

Stickybeaks
Ranked #102 of 691 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We're an independent café, owned and run by Lucy and Catherine, and we've got a passion for making great food and coffee. Our kitchen is open plan, so customers get to have a "stickybeak" at us as we rush around to prep everything ready for lunch and spend the afternoons baking cakes! We keep the menu changing every day to keep things interesting, and serve brunch on Sundays.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Cambridge”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Best coffee in Cambridge (especially the flat white) and a great cake selection!! Lovely fresh lunch items (especially salads) and it is always a nice surprise to see what is on the menu.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank foodie_wanderlust

“Good find”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

First visit to sticky beaks, loved the decor and felt like I was sitting in someone's kitchen at home- very cosy.

Although was slightly confused upon walking in- wait for a table? Sit down? Grab our own menu and cutlery? Staff seemed quite flustered, after standing there for a little while blank faced, i managed to get one's attention and ask- he said we could sit anywhere. All fine, no problems. Sat at a lovely table. We got up and collected our own menu and water in the end as no one came over to us- which is ok didn't mind getting own menu- but maybe this could be made a bit clearer to customers in the future.

Ordered a main and a salad- all extremely yummy. Coffees were good too, although a little slow with the service. I like the idea that the menu is forever changing. Desserts sounded fab, but I was much too full to try one, although I was tempted.

Overall I would go back, mostly for the atmosphere and food- feel as though the service and friendliness of the staff could be improved. I appreciate they were reasonably busy, but still felt a bit underwhelmed by the service we received.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Excellent, reasonably priced and great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

On a weekend trip to Cambridge we went in Stickybeaks so often I think they knew our names by the end of it! It was so busy we always only just managed to get a table - that's when you know a place is good!

We had a lovely lunch, I had Root Vegetable Soup and my friend the Chicken Tikka Patties - we both thoroughly enjoyed them! They change the menu every day so you know what you're getting is fresh. Whilst we were having a morning tea/coffee we saw a roasted vegetable and houmous wellington being handmade which looked fantastic - shame I didn't get to try it!

They did lovely coffee (on my Mum's authority!) and Teapigs tea which is always good. I tried the lemon and poppyseed cake, though I was slightly disappointed with it as it was quite dry - however, this could just be that it was late afternoon and it had been out all day. My Mum had an orange and cardamom slice which she loved.

Lovely food, lovely staff and lovely atmosphere. Bright and spacious, perfect for a relaxing lunch with family or friends.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank LouiseMCampbell
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Don't go anywhere else”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lovely staff, great coffee, excellent cakes and varied fresh lunch menu. If you are happy to share a table then although busy you will probably be able to get a seat. Super range of teas too and unlike a lot of independents they do have soya milk. We filled a loyalty card in one weekend!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jeannette W
Cambridge, UK
“My favourite in Cambridge”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have eaten in Sticky beaks many times and introduced it to friends who, like me, have been so impressed by the quality and freshness of the food. The salads on offer are imaginative and delicious, I love their frittatas too. I am very fussy about coffee but have found Stickybeaks coffee rich with an excellent taste. It's a place I feel welcome and comfortable eating by myself. Thank you, keep up the good work!

• Visited October 2012