“Best breakfast in Cambridge”
Review of Bill's

Bill's
Ranked #46 of 707 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had another great breakfast at Bill's yesterday. Yes it's a small chain and maybe not my kind of decor but the service, coffee and food is great. Perfect poached eggs, crisp streaky bacon and fried bread with not a trace of grease on the plate. Definitely worth popping in

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to Bill's before a gig, as recommended by a friend who lived in Cambridge.
The decor is nice, but is along the lines of that rather insincere 'homely' and 'unique' style where a chain restaurant is trying to make diners believe it's not a replica of the Brighton incarnation.
The food was fine - I ordered the burger, although it came on a wooden chopping board, which I'm not a fan of - not very hygienic...
It was the service that was breathtakingly bad. The waiter was clearly new, and was being assisted by another, who was holding the big trays with our meals on. I watched as he knocked over the little metal cup with my eight chips in, into my friend's green curry. He then scooped them out and gave them to me. I was really taken aback, and asked for a replacement portion of chips, especially as I have a nut allergy and couldn't guarantee that the curry did not have nuts in. My friends offered to share their chips with me, and the waiter and waitress disappeared hastily.
No apology made, no offer of substitute. I won't be back, and I recommend that people do not go here.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The fiancée & I popped into Bill's on a whim last night. It was Baltic outside & we straight away felt warm & comfortable in Bill's. great décor, good music & friendly (and classy) atmosphere & clientele.

We started with cod cheek goujons.the portion size was just right & They were meaty, crunchy & well seasoned. I had the burger with extra cheese. I was very very impressed. The garnishes were lovely but what I loved was the taste of the pattie really came through. The side of fries were also great. The mrs had beetroot tortellini & salmon which she loved. We finished with a shared Lamington - something I've never seen in the uk. It was very nearly as good as the ones in Australia. £43 with 2 diet cokes & an extra side of chips was reasonable in my mind.

A nod to the staff as well. Our waiters were friendly & chatty but not over the top. They were also happy to recommend from the menu & asked how I'd like my burger cooked - perfect service.

1  Thank Steve-Reading7162
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Breakfast always good and coffee excellent. Bubble and squeak nice and food well presented. Not the cheapest but has always delivered.

1  Thank 957markc957
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We received polite, friendly service and enjoyed a delicious lunch and drinks. Imaginative menu with a good choice for vegetarians and meat eaters. Would recommend getting there early as it does get busy!

1  Thank Dawn K