“Very good food and helpful service”
Review of Cafe Milano

Cafe Milano
Ranked #456 of 690 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very good food and helpful service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This cafe is my main place for coffee and cake as their cakes are very good. I thought I'd try them for lunch, although there was uncertainty over whether they were still doing their chicken burgers but it turned out they did and it was absolutely superb, one of the best burgers in Cambridge, proper chicken fillet covered in cheese and mushrooms and it tasted the best I've experienced in a while. These reports of bad service do seem odd as they are very friendly and helpful but the description on the menu does seem a little wrong in relation to vegetables being given with main dishes, I am meaning to mention this but they are trying and the food I've had has always been very good.

I believe the Manager or Owner is Gino and they really have got to know me and I can't fault them at all.

• Visited June 2013

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Rude Service”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Went There last saturday and i never saw such bad and rude service! After 3 people taking my order I got what I asked, the person who seemed to be the manager was unpolite and I wont come back for sure

• Visited June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very charming and great food.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband has visited this cafe on a couple of occasions previously when visiting our student niece, and he raves about it. This time we went as a family (2 adults, 3 children under 8) during a 1 night stop-over in Cambridge. The staff were very helpful, the service was excellent and all the food was freshly made and tasted great (even the kids' food-so refreshing to find somewhere that cares about it's younger customers). The menu is varied and, whilst this is a cafe the food was much better than typical cafe quality. The owner remembered my husband and also brought cakes for the children which were on the house. Coffee was fantastic too.

• Visited April 2013
cambridge
“never again”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Having often noticed Milanos with people sat at the tables outside i decided to go in with my partner for light lunch. The menu looked ....ok and priced ok. As soon as i walked through the door, before i could even take in my surroundings, a young girl asked if we wanted food and when i said yes picked up menus and ushered me to follow her where she attempted to sit us at the back. I told her i was more interested in outside or near the front as it was a nice day. A man there, maybe owner, said something, which i didnt catch but his tone was verging on aggressive. We sat down and ordered a panini. The girl had a bit of difficulty underatnding us, and as we waited i noticed that the man was very rude with all his customers. No eye contact, not even when speaking to them, no smiling and a very grumpy face. I felt very uncomofrtable there. The food was adequate at best. Maybe if you want a coffee and a seat outside to people watch its a good place but i wouldnt reccomend going there otherwise.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jade-anne G
“Great for relaxation and relive stress after work”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

When I have hard days work or goin before I always have good coffeee here and the Garlic bread is always great ! The portion is always big so I'm always full after I go. Overall my first choice to place to chill out near my work aswell. And finally service is perfect nice and cool :)

1 Thank Jcacdac7