All reviews parker's piece continental breakfast was excellent top floor single room central location location is fantastic centre of town cold meats an overnight stay one night stay enjoyable stay tea and coffee yogurt guesthouse snoring boiler basin
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019

Stayed one night in a small single room on the second floor with a separate toilet/shower room shared with 2 other nearby rooms - I knew this when booking so no complaints. The location is very central so ideal for exploring on foot - luckily I was able to park overnight close by at no charge between 6.30pm and 8.30am. My room (and bed) was clean, tidy and comfortable as was the toilet/shower. I did not have breakfast (entirely my choice and no reflection on the guesthouse). All in all, I was entirely satisfied and would recommend and return.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

I arrived just before 9pm and my room key was ready for collection. Lovely, welcoming single room (Room 8) with views across Parker’s Piece and the shared bathroom was modern and very clean. Bed was extremely comfy-just a shame that I didn’t have a restful night’s sleep due to the inconsiderate guest next door who bumbled in at 1am and proceeded to keep me awake with his/her snoring clearly audible through the wall! Wide selection of cereals, cold meats, cheese, fruit and croissants available at breakfast and staff were very accommodating and friendly. The only negative point was the stains on the stairs and hall carpets which looked rather unsightly. Nonetheless, I would definitely consider staying at Regency House again when I next return to Cambridge.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

A nice clean guest house although I wouldn’t stay again! Very noisy not double glazed can hear everything outside as so close to town. Was awoken nearly ever hour by cars, shouting etc. Lots of stairs to climb to get to rooms as it’s 5 storey. Breakfast was nice but served next door in a downstairs basement.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurajaynegrainger
Reviewed December 3, 2018

For our one night stay in December 2018, we were surprised by the high prices of accommodation in Cambridge. Not wanting to stay in a chain hotel, we opted for this little guest house. The 5-storey Victorian townhouse is conveniently located within the city centre, a walking distance from the train station and all the major sites.

The guest house does not operate a reception desk. Instead, they have a digital lock on the door for guests to check themselves in 24/7. We received an email about check-in procedures and entry codes before the trip. This worked well for us, but we did end up helping another guest through the door as the entryway was poorly lit and the lock a bit temperamental.

Our room #1 was in the main building, on the entry floor. We thought it would be a bit noisy, but it was fine. The simple room was tastefully decorated - good bed with white linen and the bathroom was nice. We slept well. There was a heating unit, which we did plug in as it was a cool night.

Continental breakfast was served between 8:30-10:30 in the communal style basement room. The selection was ample for our needs: toast, croissants, yogurt, fruit, cheese, cold cuts, juice and coffee/tea.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Great place to explore Cambridge from as it is in short walking distance from a the major sites in the centre. The house and room were kept with the old style and character. The bed was great and bathroom good with rainshower. Best continental breakfast with little fruit salades and grenolas and fresh croissants. Had a great stay!

Some minor issues: the shower head was extremely calcified and thus only halve the water came out, nothing some good cleaning can't solve. The bathroom gets really steamy as it has no extractor. The water boiler couldn't fit under the tap so I had to fill it with a cup. Mind that the room had only a small plug in heater.

Date of stay: November 2018