“Lovely Hotel”

Holiday Inn Cambridge
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Not your average Holiday Inn! we had a hen party in Cambridge and stayed here for the weekend - the morning breakfast team - i have to say - are excellent! they are helpful friendly and really move ends of the earth here :)

We did, however, notice there are no lifts, and when we asked the receptionist for lifts she didnt offer any help with the packages we had - considering two ladies were pregnant....only downside

but everything else - spot on!

Room Tip: unfortunately no lifts....but the rooms are all good no matter where
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you found the Breakfast team spot on! I am sorry you were not offered help with your luggage something we do offer, I can only apologise for this incident.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the future.
Robin Hutton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night on business. The hotel is quite far from most things but is set in a very peaceful environment.

My ground floor room was what you'd expect from a standard hotel room. The fact that it was on the ground floor was not a problem as far as noise was concerned.

The breakfast was a bit disappointing, somehow very hectic and a little run-down. I got the feeling the staff had a hard time coping with the number of guests.

Wi-fi Internet was at a cost and connection quality and stability was very poor. If you intend to work during your stay, be prepared for problems.

If you just need a place to stay in Cambridge, this will do the job.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you found your room peaceful. I am sorry your breakfast experience seemed hectic this is not our normal standard. We are currently working on the wifi issue at the hotel.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, cheap clean rooms, close to Cambridge with a short taxi ride. We booked for a hen do and the staff were great in helping us organise. Great with the pool there even though I didn't get to use it.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you had a good Hen weekend and found the staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

stayed here for one night for first timein many years. room was very warm fridge wasn oisy and my son felt there was too much light coming under the door. neither of us slept well. however room was spotless staff very attentive breakfast fine and pool very nice. the surroundings are very pleasant and I would recommend this hotel

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry you didn't sleep well, but pleased you found the room spotless and the staff attentive during your recent stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Spent 3 nights here over Easter. Good location and easy to find. Hotel was clean, room was a family one and nice and big. Staff friendly and made a real effort to make easter special with icecream and eggs and competitions for kids. Good breakfast. Would stay here again.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you were well looked after during your Easter break. I am pleased the children enjoyed all the competitions too!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Welcome at reception warm and friendly. Location peaceful with a nice lake to walk round near grounds. Bar food excellent served quickly and cooked well. Probably could do with more bar staff on when busy as long waits to order. Check out also friendly and made you feel valued as a customer. Have used the leisure facilities in prior years which is also good. The restaurant only had a carvery as it was holidays no a la carte but the bar food was very good if a little noisy. Easy to get to Cambridge. It's a regular stop for us.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is clearly a chain hotel. So you can expect it to be clean with chain hotel interiors. Still there are plusses. It is conveniently located near the highway and ample parking space. There is no noise whatsoever, which is one of our basic criteria to choose a hotel. There is a really good pool. On mondaymorning I got a free 3/4 hours water Zumba training session with the local elderly women, which was good fun.
The family room was spacious. For four we had two doubles and a good quality sofabed so our son and daughter didn't have to sleep together in one bed. The breakfast is complete and tasty.
How could this hotel be 'very good'? Just some more attention for customer service. On arrival you just get your key and the breakfast hours. Every other information will come your way if you ask for it.
We asked for WIFI details. We expect it to be free, as we are in 2014. Not here. You need to pay for it unless you are a member, which luckily we are. Then you get a 4 hour pass. But be aware that it are consecutive hours and only one such pass. We were there 3 days. After insisting I got 'exceptionally' an extra pass our last morning, but only for one hour (which was enough in my case).
Booking took some time too. I booked via mail and had to call in credit card details. It was a more than 5 minute call. When I asked for confirmation a couple of weeks before arrival suddenly there seemed to have been a problem with my payment. Two new calls where necessary to arrange everything.
We also asked for the best way to reach town. Reception recommended Milton Park & Ride which is one exit further on the highway. This is certainly a good idea. But it would have been nice(r) to have known that this service runs only until around 7pm. Because we had dinner at Jamie's we needed to take a (12 £) cab to the Park & Ride. Is this a way to make sure that people dine in the hotel restaurant? A pitty.
I would still recommend and return taking into account this prior experience.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased overall your family enjoyed their stay. I have noted your feedback to your reservation process and I have followed this up with the Reservations Manager, who apologises for any inconvenience caused. Wifi offers will be free to all IHG reward members from 1st July 2014.