I stayed for 1 night for a business trip, in an executive room. The hotel is about 15mins from central Cambridge, with views of grassy paddocks and a lake on one side. Right next to the motorway, so good links if driving. Check-in was quick, then a long walk to our rooms. There is a nice looking indoor swimming pool & Jacuzzi, which I didn't have time to use.
Once in my room, it was generally clean & well presented. Unfortunately the bathroom had hairs on the floor & on the wash top (see pic). The mirrors & everything else looked spotless though.
- Large TV
- Choice of pillows in room
- Sofa & coffee table in room
- mini bar & free kit kat
- clothes press, iron, safe & hairdryer
- children's play area
- Tried turning heating up, but sign said it was centrally controlled. Very cold in bed at night.
- Decaf coffee, but no decaf or herbal tea
- Shower temperature warm, but certainly not hot
- Could hear people upstairs walking around
- No plug socket near bedside tables. I use my phone as an alarm clock, so had to charge this on the wall opposite the bed & sit phone on the floor. Not ideal to have to jump out of bed to turn the alarm off in the morning
- Bed was an adequate size, but hotels of similar standard have larger, more comfortable beds
Breakfast provided a good selection of hot food, pastries, fruit & breads, but I would have liked some prunes. There is a pancake making machine which produced fluffy pancakes. The maple syrup bottles were both almost empty & covered in sticky syrup all over. Shame they weren't in another container, or been wiped over beforehand.
On check out I mentioned the bathroom hairs & a colleague told them about an out bulb in her room. The receptionist noted them down & apologised. Overall the stay was fine, just a few things that didn't make it perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Cambridge hotel has a great location on the A14, J32 and just 2 1/2 miles from Cambridge city centre and it is an excellent base for visiting local attractions. The hotel offers a range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay and Eat Free*. Facilities include 161 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet access in all bedrooms and public areas, conference and banqueting facilities for up to 120 people plus Spirit Health and Leisure Club. The hotel has a state of the art Conference Centre boasting 9 purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to weddings and dinner dances. The hotel has 200 free car parking spaces. The Leisure Club offers a gym, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and is complimented by two Beauty Treatment Rooms (advance booking required). Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel. The Holiday Inn Cambridge hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including the colleges of Cambridge University, Duxford Air Museum, Newmarket and Ely Cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Cambridge Holiday Inn