“Weekend break”

Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my husband on 20th July for a weekend break. Room was clean and a good size. Hotel was 5 minute walk from bus stop which cost £3.70 return into Cambridge - bus journey about 20 minutes into centre of Cambridge and buses frequent. Breakfast very good with large selection of food available - buffet style.
Taxi into Cambridge cost £10.00
Friendly staff and pleasant hotel - didn't have time to use pool. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Julie O, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your informative review and recommendations. I am very pleased that the staff were friendly and you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good location and good facilities however the restaurant service was poor. Every night over four nights I had to ask for my drink twice. Twice ordered a steak only to have delivered a brown strip of grissle. The aircon in the room wasn't working during the very hot weather and was reported twice but was not fixed. No ventilation in the bathroom so the steam from the shower just went into the already hot room. Charged £50 for five days internet connection yet most of the time the internet speed was so slow that it was useless. I complained to reception but was given no explanation other than some nice smiley apology, Nice property and facilities but let down by poor service and indifferent staff.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, guest feedback is a vital part of our business and your comments will be used in a constructive manner. I am very sorry for your feelings towards our poor service and indifferent staff. We do offer Free wifi now to our Platinum and Gold IHG reward members and we will be offering further deals in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall a good experience but the bar charged me 10% service charge for the privilege of serving me with 2 Starbucks takeaway coffees in cardboard cups plus 1 cookie £8.64 ,cheaper to buy at Heathrow ,

Room Tip: View your room before excepting
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Julie O, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am pleased overall you had a good experience. I note your comments regarding service charge which is an optional charge added to all food and beverage accounts.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Lovely hotel quite and very helpful staff, excellent food. When we arrived we were greated by a very polite and attending receptionist who was very helpful with all my questions. We went to our room got ready and then had a swim this as also very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review and I am pleased you found our staff helpful and enjoyed our excellent food.

Pontyclun, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Another Holiday Inn Hotel. Alrhought the facade was good the interior was the same with tired furniture in the rooms. Good service overall, but a limited menu in restaurant. Not a good venue if you have not got transport.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you received good service. We take all feedback on board and share with our teams. I note your comment with regards our Restaurant menu and we now offer Specials each day.

San Jose, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for people that drive a car, don't seek a night life, like a large swimming pool and quite enviroment. I stayed there many times and besides the price of the Internet, I was happy with the venue.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I note your issue with charging for internet. We do now offer Free wifi to our Platinum and Gold IHG rewards members and there will be further offers in the future.

Leigh on Sea
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a business trip, so my main need was to have a good nights sleep. That is what I got, I asked for a quiet room on the highest floor at the end of a corridor, and this is what I got. When I arrived at reception I was greeted in reception by a professional young lady who also had character, when travelling on business its nice to have a friendly face. I also managed to leave my I phone in my room so rang the hotel worried about it going missing, the reception got housekeeping to check and less than 5 mins later they called me back to say it was safe and sound and they would keep it so until I returned. My phone was there when I returned, I like this hotel and have stayed there several times, it is definitely my favourite in Cambridge for business even if it is a little out of town.

1 Thank SarahMay78
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and I am very pleased that you were well looked after during your stay and that we dealt with the missing phone promptly for you. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the future.