Holiday Inn Cambridge
Doubletree
  • Room Service
$156
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$147
$145
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
1,164 results
All reviewsexecutive roomswimming poolpancake machinetwo double bedsleisure facilitieshealth clubcity centreplenty of parkinggood sizesteam roompark and ridefamily roomminute drivereception staffpublic areasweekend breakquiet location
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good hotel not too far from the City centre and only about a mile from the Park and Ride. Was disappointed that the restaurant was closed but the bar food was extremely good and very generous.

The rooms are becoming a little tired but they are very clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive review in respect of our Pleasant and friendly staff, and the Bar food.
We are hoping for a bedroom refurbishment programme from middle of this year which enhance this tired product.
I hope you will revisit the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

For what it was, a budget room for the night, the hotel very much met my expectations. I am a Gold Elite Priority Club member, but this did not confer any advantage to the stay - everything was the same as for any other guest (although I believe this is standard as it is Platinum Elite status that confers room upgrades, etc). Staff were very polite and helpful, and the room had everything we needed and was clean. My only criticism would be the bed, which I found to be very hard and therefore I struggled to get any sleep. My partner on the other hand was fine, so this may be because I am on the more sensitive side. Don't expect any luxuries or plushness here: this hotel is what it is: a good value, clean room for the night with plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am pleased we met with your expectations and that our Staff were helpful and polite and the Bedroom satisfactory. You are correct the Platinum Priority Club members are entitled to upgrades subject to avaialability.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Was upgraded on check-in to an executive room probably due to my Priority Club Platinum status, but the only difference over a standard room seemed to be a kitkat. Asked for the wifi code on check-in, to be told that despite 150 nights this year at IHG hotels, that it was £16 a night. I suggest you get a mobile broadband dongle in advance e.g. mine is with Three.co.uk, and pay £2.99 until the following midnight, or £15 for a month.

Breakfast was similarly exhorbitantly charged - £90 for four for two nights, and that was the discounted rate purchased at check-in. The only saving grace was that I had booked the rooms on the £20.12 a night rate.

Bed and room were OK, however the people in the room above could be heard moving all round the creaking floorboards. Bathroom was small. Was a bit disconcerting to find a bloke in a shell suit in my room after breakfast, but it transpired he was the hotel cleaning staff.

Pool sauna and gym were good and we made good use of them.

Food was OK, however chunky chips in the bar should be better described as deep fried formed Smash, as they had not seen a potato for a very long time. Why is it so hard to cut up a potato? Food service in the bar was excellent from the very pleasant young girl - nothing was too much trouble.

Wasn't told that the restaurant was closed over Xmas and New Year until we turned up there and saw the notice on the wall. Ate one night at The Phoenix Chinese down the road - very tasty.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I appreciate your comments. With regards to the Internet I share your concerns of the charges and will pass your comments to our corporate office, as this is a Company standard of charging. With reference your charge for breakfast we believe that the choice on offer gives value for money.
I am pleased that you liked the bedroom and Health and Fitness club. Due to the volume of Residents over the Christmas and New Year period it is not viable to open our Restaurant when our Bar and Lounge can service this very well.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge, in the future

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of December. Overall, it was a good stay.

The room was clean, the staff were polite, the food in the restaurant was good and the breakfast was tasty (breakfast room staff were particularly helpful and efficient). I wouldn't say it was anything special, but it was a perfectly acceptable business hotel and in my experience it would be difficult to find serious fault with it.

The only minor complaint was that on one of the nights the room service was particularly slow. It took over an hour to get the food, which was lukewarm when it arrived and did not include the bread that was supposed to come with the soup (although weirdly, they had included the butter to spread on the missing bread).

But all in all, a decent stay and I'd consider re-booking the next time I'm in Cambridge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, and I am pleased the hotel lived up to your expectation and the staff were polite. I apologise in the delay of service and no bread on your Room service order this is not our normal standard, and this matter has been diescussed the Food and Beverage team.
I look forward to your return visit to Holiday Inn Cambrigde.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in November while visiting family in the area. The location is perfect for getting around the area as it is close to several major roads, but far enough away that there is no traffic noise in the hotel. The lake has a path all around it, which made a nice walk, even in the cold damp November weather! Hotel bar was welcoming, staff were friendly and helpful and the bar food was good. Reception staff were also very helpful and welcoming. Rooms were fine - bathrooms could use a bit of updating, but were adequate. Plenty of parking. If you want to visit Cambridge there is easy access to the bus (which I would recommend if you don't know where you are going to find parking in the city). Histon village is a short ride or easy walk away and has a couple of nice pubs and grocery store. Will use this hotel whenever we are home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased you had an enjoyable weeks stay with us and that you found the Staff very welcoming, helpful and friendly. We are starting a bedroom refurbishment programme in the middle of 2013 and improvements to bathrooms will be included in this, which I think will add more value to the comfort of the guest stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.