“Great location - Lodge type appearnce........”

Holiday Inn Cambridge
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the moment of check-in through bar staff and restaurant staff to check out a first class service. Very comfortable room. Although the fee to access the internet was a little on the high side the service provided was very good. Why do some hotels find it OK to provide internet access without charge whilst others charge small or even high amounts?
The menu choices for dinner were very good and the food was of a high standafd. Breakfast buffet which was suppplemented by eggs freshly cooked to order was excellant.
A hotel we will return to

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel , we pride ourselves on delivering a great Holiday genuine service that comes from the people we employ which i guess is why people enjoy coming back to us. Over the last few months we have made some improvements on breakfast standard and service values which are clearly in evidence during your stay.

I will pass your comments onto the Head Office team about the Internet charges as you have raised a valid point between hotels that do or do not charge. And i hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future, and rest assured I will pass your comments to all the teams in the hotel about our First Class Service.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Its just off the A14 and hence is great for getting around the area. Not so great for city centre. Rooms are a bit tired and the resaurant is not very exciting. Service is varied, but can be good. Has a big gym if that's of interest.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the ground floor, which would be best for those that stairs are an issue. N...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your response and appreciate your comments. We are easily accessed from the major road network and there are local bus services in and out of the city centre.
We are hopeful of a Bedroom refurbishment in the future, and our Restaurant has been conducting some re training sessions. Our Health and Fitness club, including Gym and large indoor swimming pool, is a great asset for the hotel and free to Residents @ the hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Good corporate rate approx £100 off walk in rate. Allocated an exec room at no extra cost. Was quite surprised to find that this room had been converted with full disabled facilities. Colleague also found her exec room exactly the same. Have no problem with this but was surprised that it wasn't mentioned at check in. This also meant that the shower was very low as could be used hand held rather than fixed height for a standing person.
Great black out screens. Bed room very quiet with no passing footfall meant a good nights sleep. Room was quite cold and unable to get radiator to work.
Excellent meal in dining room in evening. Staff very attentive. Bar rates high but I suppose that is to be expected, although a glass of villa Maria Sauvignon at £8:56 when you can get a bottle in Tesco for £9:99 was a bit over the top!
Good breakfast. Plenty of choice then quick check out. Only downside was no free wireless anywhere in hotel( have stayed previously and wireless was free in lounge area). Now £5 per hr or £16 for 24 hrs. Come on guys this hotel is full of business folk who need Internet access but at those rates cheaper to get cab to Starbucks and use their free wifi!

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive review of Holiday Inn Cambridge, I am very pleased you felt comfortable and slept well with our black out screens. I have taken your comments on board regarding the use of accessible bedrooms with my front office team. I am also pleased your dinner in our restaurant and breakfast was of good standard. I appreciate our Bar prices are on the expensive side, and with your reference to Wifi, we are working with the owners to find a more viable price and package option.
I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went there for a marketing conference. Great facilities including gym and pool. Room was large and bed was really comfortable, breakfast was ok (need to upgrade their sausages as very tasteless in the full English) - the only gripe was that the room was too hot and we couldn't regulate the temperature as the thermostat wouldn't respond. Any way - would definitely return!

Dear Guest
Thank you for your time in writing a review about Holiday Inn Cambridge, I am very pleased that you found our Health and Fitness club facilties good and you had a comfortable bed. I have passed your comments regarding the tasteless sausages onto our Head chef, and apologise for the heating in your bedroom.
I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed for two nights in an executive room, good deal on Holiday inn website. Room well fitted; bright and nice and quiet. Short bus ride on number 8 bus to Cambridge which runs every 20 minutes or approximately £8 in a taxi. All staff very polite, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and the staff in the restaurant were excellent and very efficient.
Woud definately stay hear again. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. I will be passing these comments onto the Team who will be very pleased that their hard work is appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for the first time this week. I have a team of 13 engineers staying here as well because it is about a $22 cab ride to Cambridge and was reasonably priced compared to hotels in the city center.
Their best asset is the gym. It is a commercial gym on the property so it had nice cardio and weight equipment plus a room where they offer several classes each day (unfortunately many of them are at 9:30 am or after which doesn't work so well for business travelers).
The room was very comfortable except I couldn't seem to turn the heat off so I had to open a window. Nice shower - you'll need to request wash (face) clothes if you need them. Breakfast was included in my rate and was your typical English breakfast (baked beans, runny eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding). I also saw fresh fruit and yogurt on the buffet and an assortment of breads.

Service was good. I needed a highlighter and called the front desk. Within minutes they had delivered one to my room and said I could keep it.

Rooms are spacious. Mine had a small desk, couch, and a chair.
Bed had two choices of pillows - firm or soft.

Nice shower and tub.

1  Thank carolesau
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a very positive review, it is great that you liked our Gym with all its high tech equipment. I am pleased the bedroom was satisfactory with our Pillow menu, I will have our engineer check the heating. Your comments on our service will be much appreciated by the team here, as it is what we strive to achieve.
I hope we can welcome you back to Cambridge in the future
kind regards

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I rarely stay at holiday inns and I now know why. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere (I don't know how they can advertise it as Cambridge)
Service and rooms were average and the breakfast the normal greasy floating eggs and self service.
They are way overpriced and I think anyone would be mad to pay their advertised rack rate of GBP200 a night

Room Tip: Choose a hotel in Cambridge
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank frankfurness
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest
I apologise for the way you feel about the Holiday Inn Cambridge, we do offer Flexible rates which I believe you booked on, and here at the Hotel we pride ourselves in delivering great service.
Our location we believe caters for the best of both worlds, our Leisure Guests have a quieter semi rural location with easy access to the city centre, and our Business guests have easy access to the road network.
Kind regards