“punting paradise”
Review of Trinity Punts

Trinity Punts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the least expensive of the punt hire firms where people can hire their own boat or hire a chauffeured tour with a guided commentary of the various sights and attractions along the River Cam. Prices are £16 per hour for self hire, and £15 per person for tours.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hello. My name is John and I have just been part of one of the most wonderful tourist experiences on the planet, a punt tour on the river Cam through buildings clothed in grandeur. The chauffeur was brilliant. To keep up I had to get ahead of myself!
Name withheld

2  Thank Sean B
There are newer reviews for Trinity Punts

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Being advised to opt for one of the smaller companies we stumbled across trinity. Their punts looked quite tatty but I can see past that and thought if we received a university guide this would more than compensate.
I was a little bemused after we paid £50 for a private tour, a little man who smelt of alcohol apoached the punt and told us he was our guide.
This chap was in his 50's not a student like I had been led to believe.
To his credit he could punt but half way through the tour he stopped punting up roll a cigarette and then for 5 minutes ignored us whilst he chatted to other river users.
Suffice to say he didn't get a tip and we won't return to this a academic punt station next time we visit.
The guide was called James, avoid him at all costs

9  Thank Nicedayallround
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a great trip along the college backs with friends during the bank holiday weekend on the Sunday. Had 2 boats as there were 6 of us so 3 girls in one and 3 boys in the other boat which we shared to make up 5 per boat. Very reasonably priced at £12.50 for chauffered trip, could have self hired for £14 per boat but having never punted before we didnt feel confident and it was more relaxing laying back and listening to commentary from Alex about history of colleges. Had slightly longer than 40 minutes as very busy on river due to lovely warm sunny day. Punt station is at back of Trinity College where you queue up. Very enjoyable afternoon and made our trip to Cambridge!

1  Thank erica129
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had a great trip with a very friendly and kind guide, really made my trip to Cambridge complete. I would recommend this company.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were promised a lovely peaceful trip along the college backs , I've done it before with scudamores and found the tour rather sterile so wanted a more personal experience. These guys offer tours in smaller 5 seater boats, perfect for small groups and families.
No complaints about the scenery, which is stunning, but our rather scruffy guide John seemed to be in a great hurry and although we saw everything it was all done at lightning pace, his spoken information was very barebones and hurried and lacked any charm.
I would always recommend a trip along the beautiful college backs by punt but choose your guide wisely it can make all the difference.

1  Thank Janet R