“Thank you Scudamores!”

$20.97*
and up
Punting Tour in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in the early 1900s, we are Cambridge's oldest and friendliest punting company. We founded pleasure punting in Cambridge and have hired boats along the famous College Backs and on the scenic route towards Grantchester village for over 100 years. As the first company in Cambridge to offer chauffeured tours of the College Backs, our VisitEngland award-winning services include both our boat hire and our College Backs Tour. Discover how the city has evolved from medieval market town to world-class centre for education whilst enjoying spectacular views from the river - the ideal introduction to the city's inspiring history.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you Scudamores!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Having grown up in Cambridge I have been punting myself a few times but I had never been on a tour. I presumed the tours were all for tourists and I would be wasting my money being a local. I was wrong -the tour was incredible! I didn’t realise there were so many punting companies and that the ones who had bothered me in town were not from Scudamore’s at all (Scudamore’s Chauffeur’s are the ones in uniform; white shirt, blue waistcoats and trousers and a cute boater hat!) The first person we spoke to was polite and friendly towards us – didn’t hassle us and did very well dealing with competition from other punt companies who would not stop shouting prices at us – I didn’t even understand what they were selling! our tour guide was bloody brilliant - I was expecting the usual Cambridge stories I have heard a million times before, but learnt loads about the history of the city, and the colleges, the founders, the river – I never knew there was so much history right under my nose! Between booking on to our tour and leaving, we had enough time to grab a drink from the pub and sit in the sun and were allowed to take them on the boats with us…dreamy. I need to stop going on about this now but it was great – thank you Scudamore’s!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Donald S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The original and the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Punting is THE essential Cambridge experience and one of the best things to do in the UK. As a local, the Scudamore's employees are the respectable and friendly ones - use Scudamore's over the riff-raff.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank butterscotchnom
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend a trip down the river with this company. The staff are friendly, and very informative. We enjoyed a guided tour along the river Cam. Our guide was very informative and knowledgeable about cambridge colleges in a fun way.

Fareham
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A great way to learn about Cambridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and i had a private punting tour with a great guide Nathan. It was an excellent way to learn the history of Cambridge and see some amazing sights in the most relaxing way, i highly recommend anyone coming here to give this a go

Visited December 2013
2 Thank amanda_dcl
London
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Lovely way to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have used Scudamores many times on my numerous trips to Cambridge and always find the staff to be exceptionally friendly and informative - never get bored of punting and is so relaxing.

Visited June 2013