“Undersold”
Review of Stationroomz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Stationroomz
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I stayed here and discovered a lot of the reviews were wrong. Its not five star but at under fifty pounds a night I was not expecting that. It was clean and I actually found the staff efficient and friendly. There are clear signs of a dilligent cleaner at work.

The breakfast (I must admit that I was there early) was as good as many three star hotels abroad. It was also very freshly prepared. I enjoyed watching the comings and goings to the station over breakfast.

It is also situation very close to the station in the bike park. I had to go to a party outside the city and I could get a bus too and from it direct to my hotel door. All the shops are not too far away. A tour bus goes from outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Stationroomz

Reviewed November 11, 2009

The clarc was an incompetent fool who managed to process my check-in under somebody else's name. This caused a huge and unnecessary delay, as I was forced to appreciate the intricacies of his database software, and the general importance of his job.

The rooms were satisfactory. Breakfast was satisfactory.

I would not recommend this "hotel" to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2009

The website for this place leads you to believe it is a lot nicer than it is. We thought it would be something like an EasyHotel...small and generic but clean and well run. For what you have to pay, you may as well spring a few extra pounds and stay somewhere nicer. We started off in a double room in the basement. Very damp and a window right at ground level where exhaust from idling cars came in. We stayed in bigger rooms in Tokyo!

The bathroom facilities were run down, the sliding door to the toilet didn't slide, it was basically grotty. As it is right at the station, the late night noise from the train workers, constantly slamming doors and from the vehicles in the adjacent building was terrible. The 'clerk' admitted this noise was an on-going problem and that people usually complain. She had even tried sleeping there herself and found it to be horrible. No kidding!

We moved to second floor bunk beds the next night. It wasn't much better. Smacked my head on the TV that's stuck out from the wall in the middle of the room, it's all so poorly designed. Had a large clock screwed to the wall that ticked as loud as Big Ben. And a very noisy group of students in the halls.

It's not a hotel. It's an overpriced, low end hostel. As mature travellers, we recommend paying a few pounds more and getting something a bit nicer.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrysonLondon
Reviewed June 15, 2009

This is very basic accommodation and I would describe it as more like a hostel than a hotel. The rooms were clean but tiny (I hit my head on the TV stand several times!). Having said that it did the job for an overnight stay as long as you aren't expecting any frills, but you wouldn't want to spend too long a period in your room! Myself and my colleague went out for most of the evening and only went back to go to bed. I had single occupancy in a twin room (bunks) but it is beyond me how any more than one person would be able to stay in one of those tiny rooms! I also would not have wanted to stay there for more than one night.

Whilst the location is handy because it's right next to the train station, it's not in the nicest part of town. The surrounding area is pretty run down and in future I would probably choose to venture towards the main town / historical area and stay in a slightly nicer area.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank x_Helz_x
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed in cityroomz for one night in march to go to a wedding. We has specifically asked when we could check in as the wedding as at 2pm. On arrival at half 12 we were told we could not get into our room, the receptionist was quite abrupt about this so we went off for lunch. We arrived back at Just after 1pm and they had literally just finished the room so we had to rush to change.
We had one of the double rooms down the ramp at the side (blatantly an old garage conversion!) The walls were stained and the bathroom closed by sliding doors which didnt really close properly.
The best was yet to come though as on our return from the wedding at 2am as we made our way down the ramp there was a tramp sleeping in front of the door to the section of the hotel where the double rooms are. We had to wake him up in order to get in. Needless to say I didnt sleep much that night knowing there was a tramp right outside my room who could have been anyone!
Way overpriced, rude and disgusting place..never ever stay there!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2009

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2009

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)