“Friendly welcoming service, nice clean accommodation good location”
Review of Acorn Guesthouse

Acorn Guesthouse
Ranked #68 of 121 Cambridge B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcoming service, nice clean accommodation good location”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Acorn Guest house with friends. We found the accommodation good value for money: clean rooms, friendly staff, nice breakfast,good location. There is a bus stop 1 minuet walk from the accommodation, which takes you into the city. This proved exelent as there are limited parking spaces and many cyclist.! The bus takes about 7 minuets and runs every 10 .You can of course walk across Jesus Green to the town about a 15 minuet walk.
Would definaly go back there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sue_2010186338

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room was very welcoming and clean a tab bit cramped but they made the most of it and for the area prices were very reasonable. The room was a bit hot but I just slept with the window open. I can't remember the hosts name Michael or Andrew but he was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naz H
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed in a single room in the main building and I was made to feel welcome on arrival. The room was small but clean with an adequate en-suite bathroom - I was sight-seeing so I wasn't in the room much. The breakfast was v good served by friendly staff. For the price of £60 for B&B I thought it was good value

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here a week ago, found the rooms extremely stuffy, no ventilation, and we couldnt sleep at all, also the windows dont open properly, spent two terrible night, couldnt get any sleep, was very very hot.
The owner didnt ask me if everything was ok during our two night stay there, something he should do with people staying at his b&b.He met me at breakfast both days.The breakfast was nice but you get similar breakfasts in other b&b's, rather small room, tables very close to each other but thats ok.
When we were to check out, he didnt even come down to see us or say thank you, a person working for his cleared our bill etc, no thank you , or warmth/smiles.
Bad customer service, I think
Wouldnt go back

Room Tip: Choose a room close ro the city centre
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xyz802013

Travelers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was a little worried after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, but it wasn't as bad as I feared. There was no parking on the property, but there was a carpark a few doors down, although do check the timing for the parking as there are times that it is for residents only. We had booked 2 family rooms for 6 of us, but had forgotten and told the owner that we booked 3 double rooms. He insisted we had booked 2, which left us panicked for a few minutes before he explained that they were family rooms, and when we remembered, rolled his eyes at us. However, when we told him that we would have to leave at 4 a.m. the next day, he helped us contact a cab big enough for all 6 of us, which I thought was very nice of him.

The rooms were large and clean, with 3 beds comfortably spaced. One of the rooms was in the Annex and the other in the main building itself. The room in the Annex was slightly more modern, although also slightly smaller. The walk to the annex was lit by motion sensor lights all the way. The toilets were very small, but clean and the towels provided fresh. Bedding was comfortable and WIFI was very strong. The TV worked well and there was a kettle to boil water and coffee and tea complimentary with a biscuit. The walls were thin though, and I think our 4 a.m. departure may have woke the room next to us up (if you're reading this, I'm sorry). We of course did not have a chance to try their breakfast.

The location was not too bad, but there are prettier places to stay in Cambridge

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crete, Greece
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A friendly and clean guest house with very good breakfast. It is just a few minutes from the bus station to the city center. The owner is very helpfull, polite and caring. Even though we had many problems with other accomodation in Cambridge, he did his best to help us. We are thankfull for finding this Guest House to stay for a week and we would definately recommend it to anyone visiting Cambridge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Acorn is a very warm hotel, with great service and people who care. Irs a family hotel with very small number of rooms but still the perfect place to be when going for the first time to Cambridge.
My son did not make it at Cambridge University but I will come again some time to visit Cambridge and I will definitely stay at Acorn Guest House.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family