Helen Hotel
$139
$131
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
$139
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
$203
$183
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscity centresmall hotelbuffet stylehash brownsminute walkhot and cold foodcooked itemscooked breakfastfree parkingpriced hotelnice stayplenty of parkinggood sizestayed two nightsbus stoprail stationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding in Cambridge and booked 3 rooms in total.
We thought the hotel was in a great location, walkable to the city centre (although a good walk, to be fair!) and good value for money, in what seems to be an expensive city to stay in.
Free parking was a bonus!
Very close to a cinema and restaurant complex, so plenty of choice for a meal out without having to drive or take a taxi.
Rooms were clean and adequate for our stay.
Breakfast was a little limited and lukewarm, however the waitress happily put my baked beans in the microwave to heat them up for me!
Staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
Overall, a nice little hotel which we would happily return to in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I plus two friends stayed at the Helen Hotel for two nights (8th @ 9th Sept 2012) the purpose of our visit was to attend the Duxford Airshow (great entertainment) The hotel does not look very imposing from the outside and would certainly benefit from a coat of paint,however inside it is charming with rooms well appointed, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was very good and set us up for the day. It's a 10 minute walk to the railway station and about 30 mins walk into the city. There are regular buses into the city and there is a bus stop immediately outside the hotel. We enjoyed our visit and would certainly use the Helen Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RickH88
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed at The Helen Hotel for 4 nights, attending the Folk Festival (which was approx a 30 minute walk away). We actually made our booking quite a few months prior to our stay, & during those months leading up to it I occasionally checked for any more reviews left on Trip Advisor. I have to say that I was slightly hesitant about our booking after reading some of the negative comments on here, but after arriving on the Thursday afternoon at the Hotel, all of those worries disappeared. We found all the staff (reception, waitresses, cleaners) to be very friendly & welcoming. We had one particular waitress at breakfast who was very friendly & chatty. The breakfast was ok:- juice / tea / coffee / toast was served by the waitress, & a self-service table for cereals / fruits / cooked breakfast. Our room (No. 227 – on the 1st floor - a double en-suite with shower over the bath..using mixer taps) was extremely spacious with plenty of storage/drawers, & even had a settee. There was also a safe stored in the wardrobe which, after obtaining a key from reception, we made full use of. Overall we had a very pleasant stay, & based on our experience we would recommend this hotel. We would stay again if we attend the festival in the future.

Room Tip: Room 227 (double) was spacious & comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for three nights. Very friendly staff and ok room. It's a bit of a walk to the centre of Cambridge and its colleges. Could recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night. This used to be a regular haunt but my work hasn't brought me in this direction for a number of years. I was pleased to see it was as pleasant and friendly as I remembered from previous stays. Although we arrived early (necessitated by an appointment elsewhere) the receptionist was accommodating and my wife was given access to the room after not too long await. The room was on the ground floor. It looked recently decorated, was comfortable and nicely appointed - having a sofa was a plus. The only downside was the pillows - far too soft. Although extra were available they were also small and didn't make too much difference.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business