“Excellent - treat yourself to an example of what a B&B should be”

Rosa's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 123 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Staying in Cambridge for a business meeting, Rosa's B&B was absolutely first class. The house is less than 5 minutes drive from the A14, and has off road parking. The accommodation consists of spotlessly clean, well decorated rooms, with a very comfortable beds. Rosa is a first class hostess, and makes all visitors very welcome. The breakfast is a highlight of any visit to the B&B, being beautifully cooked and served, so different from the very mediocre buffet breakfasts that are increasingly common in hotels throughout he world.

Staying at a wonderful B&B such as Rosa's makes a visitor realise how ordinary much tourist accommodation is in Britain, with indifferent, or even surly staff, run of the mill food, yet sky high prices. This was my second visit to Rosa's, and on my annual visits to Cambridge I now do not bother even considering any other venue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WilliamRead
RosasBandB, Owner at Rosa's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Mr Reed,
Thank you so much for once again , such a lovely review. I was very pleased you enjoyed your stay, and it was great to see you again. I hope your business meeting went well, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Cambridge. Best wishes Rosa.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Rosa is a lovely person, always trying to be helpful. I had the garden room and this is a perfect accommodation for single travelers. It is very cozy, comfortable, warm and clean. It has also all the facilities you need, including hairdryer and kettle. Breakfast is extremely delicious, and Rosa uses fresh eggs from her own garden. I absolutely reccomend this B&B and would definitely stay there another time if I returned to Cambridge.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank clarissafer
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a 1 night stay with Rosa. She was very accommodating and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with heating and plenty of hot water.The wifi was limited in my room outside but Rosa was very accommodating. She went out of her way to do my laundry which I greatly appreciated. The breakfast was excellent and varied.
Rosa is an excellent host and the B&B is great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Judith k
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a great one-night stay at this B&B, I arrived quite late but Rosa couldn't have been more accommodating. The room was comfortable and clean, and tastefully decorated - the bed was a real plus, best I've slept in to date! I would highly recommend to anyone. Breakfast was also fab, not just the usual scrambled eggs/boiled eggs option for the fussy vegetarians among us ;)
Thanks very much.
P.S. Rosa I did not get the job, oh well at least it was a nice night away!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Colette O
RosasBandB, Owner at Rosa's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Colette, Thank you very much for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Never mind about the job, Something that you really want will come along
one day , no doubt. All the best to you. Rosa.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having stayed here for three nights, I can say that Rosa is an excellent landlady who takes enormous pride in what she does. I told Rosa that I would be arriving mid-afternoon & was given her mobile number to let her know when I was arriving. I duly did so and she was there to welcome me.I also overheard her going out of her way to help other guests from abroad with various requests. I got the impression Rosa was willing to help with any reasonable requests. The breakfasts are truly outstanding - a delicious warm fruit compote and, apparently, fresh fruit in the summer, before an excellent English breakfast with good quality ingredients. In my view, this is a budget B & B & represents excellent value in notoriously expensive Cambridge. As a base to explore Cambridge, it is excellent. It is a few minutes stroll to two different bus routes (8 & 1) into Cambridge or about a 35 minute pleasant walk into Cambridge itself. If walking or cycling - as lots of people do in Cambridge - I would go down Carlton Way at the very end of Roseford Rd, rather than the busier Histon Rd. (You can also catch the 1 bus along Carlton Way.)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Best wishes Rosa.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I satyed for 4 nights. Breakfast is really good and highspeed Wi-Fi is accessible in rooms. 3-4 minutes from the nearest bus stop ("city 8" bus from the city center, third bus stop along Histon Road from south), and 10 minutes walk from the nearest supermarket and a pretty good Chinese take out. Compact but comfortanle. Perfect B & B!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank karakumpenguin

Dear Guest . Thank you for your review. Best wishes Rosa.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our rooms were cold with no heating (although the heating was on in the main house). We had booked, but when we arrived in the afternoon we were told to come back after 5. p.m. Not very welcoming, We must have arrived on a bad day.
On the plus side, the breakfast was good.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Compothefirst
RosasBandB, Owner at Rosa's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

I was very sorry to read your review, even though it was written six months after your stay. Whilst it is unfortunate that you felt your rooms were cold, this could have been easily remedied if you had mentioned it to me whilst you were here (as it states in the guest information pack). I would have been only too glad to have changed the thermostat in your rooms.

With regard to your arrival time, check-in is from 5pm onwards, unless an earlier time is pre-arranged with me in advance. This check-in time is set at 5pm to allow for plenty of time to service rooms and bathrooms.

However, I am very glad that you enjoyed your breakfast.