“Very poor index”
Review of Prince Regent

Prince Regent
Ranked #304 of 707 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I found myself in this pub on a Sunday evening when I happened to have my IPad. I looked up the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to eat at the pub. I have never been so disappointed in a Tripadvisor review before. And it has been a long time since I have not been able to eat food served to me. We had a "tapas-style" selection of dishes. The prawns tasted of nothing, or nothing remotely pleasant. I had to spit mine out. The fish "goujons" were burnt on the outside. We broke them open with our hands and scooped the overcooked fish out. Edible though very chewy. This was easily the worst food that I had for a long time.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The forgettable exterior belies the snug bar restaurant inside which was cheerfully busy on a wet Saturday lunchtime with a cross section of students, couples, tourists and families.

The menu is small and directed mainly towards traditional pub fare - steak and ale pies etc. But we had perfectly cooked )rare) sirloin steaks with delicious mushroom ,grilled tomato, and chips. The peppercorn sauce was fine too. An excellent range of ales at the bar are complimented by Leffe on draught. Service was very friendly and helpful. Pricing is

Reviewed July 15, 2012

From the outside this looked like an average, local boozer, but I was wrong!

The good was generously priced, delicious and of high quality. I had been expecting egg and chips and I got beetroot arancini and chicken and asparagus terrine.

I also got a delicious pint of orange wheat beer and friendly, knowledgeable staff who seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

Worth a visit.

3  Thank AlexSwallow
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was close to our hotel and not too busy. Landlord very obliging.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have been in Cambrisge on business for a few days, but unfortunately tonight was the first night I have found this pub!!
We went in for a beer and decided to eat there and boy am I glad!!
The staff tonight were really friendly and attentive and the food was amazing!!
The crab cakes were stuffed fill of crab meat and the Gourmet burger was huge, and tasted gorgeous! I couldn't finish it - but I forced myself to!
I'll be back here tomorrow night, and would recommend it to anyone.