“Over crowd... Too noisy... Forgotten by staff”

Bella Italia Cambridge Leisure Park
Ranked #74 of 705 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Based in the busy Cambridge Leisure Park, Bella Italia is just the ticket for delicious, well priced Italian food. The dining room is a warm and inviting space and is perfect for groups of friends or families enjoying a day or night out. The menu is extensive and features a great choice of authentic Italian pizzas with a whole variety of toppings as well as some delicious pasta dishes. Why not check out the succulent grilled meats such as the chargrilled sirloin or the Pollo alla Griglia (chicken) with a Dolcelatte, white wine and cream sauce. Desserts are worth saving some room for, especially the tiramisu and the Italian banoffee pie. A great all rounder for all the family.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Over crowded for the space... Especially at the weekend... Far too noisy... Unable to have a conversation much less think... The kind if noisy that gives you a headache... Forgotten by staff and had a difficult time trying to get someone to take payment so we could leave

1  Thank hemisphere_dancer999
There are newer reviews for Bella Italia Cambridge Leisure Park

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We come here often mainly for dinner but sometimes for the breakfasts which are fresh and tasty... especially the sausages. Dinners here are a delight and the atmosphere is relaxed and chatty. The food is well cooked and the service always comes with a smile and some banter from the excellent staff.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ok, it was an "office lunch" and there were 20 of us. It would not have been my choice of eating place as it's in a soulless Leisure Park complex (yuk!). Anyway, the service was reasonable - an obliging Manager (?) and friendly waitress but that's more or less all the positives. I ordered the bean salad as a starter (off the fixed price lunch menu). It was a soggy mess of very small squashed beans in a watery mush or tomatoes and onions. Very unappealing. Next came the lemon risotto..... it tasted of nothing, not even a good grinding of black pepper and grated parmesan could redeem this sad dish. We were the only people in there between 12.30 and 3pm and even though it was a Monday, I would have expected more customers - now I know why! Don't bother with this chain unless you are desperate!

1  Thank Cambridge1956
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited here for an early dinner. Waited for a good few minutes at the door before we were 'greeted' by a poker faced waiter who simply said 'you alright guys'; as if he had no possible idea as to why we were standing in the place.

Shown to a table and were informed they were out of steak and the coffee machine was out of order. Good start.

Eventually places our order, starter was fine but then again how wrong can you go with a few mini ciabattas and dipping oil. The main courses were terrible and I only ate the majority of my formaggio burger because I was so hungry. The burger was so dry and chewy. Chips soggy. My partners spaghetti carbonara was totally overcooked and mushy, and the sauce was tasteless. Real let down.

When I informed the waiter of our disappointment he looked at me as if I was an idiot. NO apology which was even more disgusting than the rip off meals we had.

It's such a shame that our high streets are dominated with these poor excuses for Authentic Italian cuisine. Really wouldn't recommend this place if you want friendly service and good food.

2  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited with my wife for her birthday. Expected the restaurant to be busy as we were only offered 4:30pm or 8:30pm, of which we took the earlier. Upon leaving at approx. 6pm it hadn't got any busier with around 6 tables occupied.

Alarm bells should have started to ring after my wife was asked how she wanted her butterfly chicken cooked, with a leading question of 'medium'? In a panic she replied 'well done' but expected the chicken to be cooked correctly. Interestingly, despite ordering a chicken burger I wasn't asked the same question!

Once the food arrived it was wrong (cheese burger, not chicken burger) but decided to eat it anyway as didn't want a delay. The butterfly chicken received was of poor quality and incredibly dry. This was pointed out to the waiter who responded with 'well, it is well done, so that will be the reason'.

Had to challenge the bill due to being charged incorrectly, which seemed to take an eternity to sort out.

Will not go back and will give my custom to the other numerous restaurants within the Leisure Park.

1  Thank Mark D