“Absolutely wonderful, family-run hotel”
Review of The Lensfield

The Lensfield
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed November 2, 2006

Ed and I stayed at The Lensfield for a week in September. First of all, I was really impressed with their terrific website and spent quite a bit of time looking at all of the great photos. Upon contacting the hotel, I was E-mailed back very promptly with all pertinent information. I had several queries and all were answered most efficiently. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted warmly. Our room was very charming and we were most satisfied with it. The breakfast area is extremely pleasant and the food and service were both excellent. The bar area is cozy and we spent several evenings sipping our drinks and chatting with the matriarch of the family. This is what makes the hotel special - the owners and their daughters are so pleasant and make you feel right at home. For me, this is one of the most important factors why I would return to The Lensfield. We most definitely will spend a few days there again on our next trip to the UK. I would recommend this hotel very highly to anyone visiting Cambridge. We travel extensively and you cannot beat this wonderful, family-run hotel for service, cleanliness, charm, good food, value for the money, and hospitality. And, I almost forgot, the outdoor patio is delightful, as well. All in all, one terrific place!
Sandra K. Arjona

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Arjona

Reviewed October 28, 2006

We stayed at the Lensfield in October 2006 and would highl;y recommend it. I chose it on the basis of other Tripadvisor reviews and was happy to find them reliable. The room was spotless, comfortable, quiet; breakfast excellent; the welcome and service from the family owners warm and helpful. I would certainly go back and highly recommend the Lensfield as a reasonably-priced, comfortable hotel within easy walking distance of the town centre.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank cat29
Reviewed October 12, 2006

Stayed here for one night in a single room. Was very pleasent as were all the staff. Definately recommend. Breakfast was good also.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank IrelandGuy
Reviewed July 14, 2006

The Lensfield Hotel is located within a 2 block walk of the Fitzwilliam Museum and near several resturants. Our room was good-sized, with two closets, a flat screen TV, desk, ensuite bathroom and hospitality tray. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The included breakfast was good, but up to the B&Bs. We stayed at the Lensfield in May 2006 andI would definitely stay here again.

6  Thank MilesToGo
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We are tree friend who came to Cambridge for the yearly airshow at Duxford. We have stayed several places before, but this hotel was a surprise. We booked on Internet (they have a fancy web site), and the price was 65 GBP for each room/ night. We were all surprised over the friendly staff, even more surprised to find very clean rooms, and a good breakfast. The service in the breakfast restaurant was very good. This is a small (and I think familydriven) hotel that I could recomend to others who want to go to Cambridge. I felt at home from the first entry to the reseption area, until I left two days later. I am a frequent traveler and used to many hotels around in Europe and Asia, but I have never felt so confident as in the Lensfield Hotel in Cambridge.

5  Thank Olekri