“Great meal and service”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus stops are located around 50 metres from our front door. The Cambridge train station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the restaurant.
Description: An award-winning restaurant in Cambridge with a stunning Michelin star, Alimentum offers modern European cuisine from celebrated chef Mark Poynton. Using slow-cooking techniques to accentuate flavour and texture, the menu brings together innovative, intricately-crafted dishes, as well as supreme tasting menus. The Alimentum sommelier presents a vibrant and modern wine list, and delectable cocktails are made using homemade fruit purees, and one of Cambridge's finest spirit selections.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great evening here with friends. It's certainly for a special occasion place and we had a really good meal served by friendly and welcoming staff. Well done

1  Thank Robert S
There are newer reviews for Alimentum

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We thought this restaurant offered great value for a mitchelin star experience. Friendly and not to formal the food was excelent. We would certainly go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

What can I say, we went for the 10 course surprise taster, along with the wine, its ok, cost was £500.00, was it worth it no.
Service was good, although two girls spent the whole time on the internet in the corner, even though we had the taster menu never saw the chef. In addition, all the courses where in deep bowels, so you struggled to get the food out. Would I go there again, possibly, but it is far from what is required. and it does have a michelin star , and that is why we went !!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank McCallum186342
Reviewed August 4, 2013

8 of us dined here and had the 10 course tasting menu. Service was excellent. The food was fabulous. Until we reached the main course - lamb. This course was terrible. The veg was hard - so hard you couldn't put a fork through it. The lamb was rare, very rare (but I don't mind that), but gristly, tough, almost impossible to cut with the knives we had. We complained - the response was - tough, maybe you aren't used to rare meat. Yes I am! Wondered whether they had cooked this food at all? The rest of the meal was really good, the end a bit rushed as it was getting late and the staff wanted to go home so the dessert courses overlapped. Shame really. Great cheese board. But a Michelin starred restaurant should not produce such a poor dish. Or have problems with timing. I won't go back.

2  Thank DrBobCheshire
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The food here is wonderful. Great flavours in all the dishes I had. The set met is excellent value. Some of the best food I have tasted.
I saw some bad reviews before my visit but I am glad I ignored them. I can't believe anyone could say this food is average - unless their taste buds don't work.
Parking around the area isn't great, but luckily I have legs that enable me to get from the car to the front door.